BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #23
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
I had an Akrym lip that looks pretty much the same...

even with the real Akrym i had to mod is a bit to make sure it fits perfect... not all will fit perfect... some corners you need double tape... (3M DOUBLE SIDED TAPE).... on top of each other to fit into the gaps....

Akrym is good but they sure dont fit perfect like OEM... and i have seen at least 10+ lip and they all look the same.

OP thats normal...
I disagree about what you are saying with the Arkym lips quality. I have had two lips from them on my E92, and they fit perfectly; no gaps. I also have a Arkym rear diffuser, and it lined up with no issues. Arkym makes quality product.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #24
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post
Hrmmmm, well my Arkym look sure does look and fit pretty darn well. I wouldnt go as far to say PERFECT OEM 100% fitment, but i would dare to say its about 98% fitment and thats PRETTY DAMN GOOD!!!

LMFAOOOO! I think he should get the ARkym Lip! :P

Other than OEM, or high end japanese aftermarket companies, Arkym is as best as you can get it! And its def worth every penny!

Just my 2 cents

Ed Lin
HAHA well he did got the lip but just by JL.. LOL

agree with you the Akrym does fit about 98% of the time... although i have seen some of the Akrym lip that does have gap issue YES gap issue... which which i think is fitment issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
That looks like Sard's car which has an Arkym lip, not JL-Motoring knock off.
yea we were just comparing the JL and the real Akrym lip... no one had said that hes was replica... well to be honest all the lips are replica... they change a little of the design and not they say its a NEW LIP... they all just look like the rest..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1036E90M View Post
wth, didnt you get used arkym lip? not brand new? freaking hell dont you have a JL-motoring rep lip on your M right now too?
I would think that if there were issues with these AUTHENTIC arkym lips we really would've seen them by now .

You seem biased bro? Just sayin...
YES I GOT a used Akrym lip... but whats that got to do with the fitment? i had it almost new so not sure what your talking about... its like your saying you got it used so the fitment is now oFF...

yeap i got a JL GTS rep. which i really like... I have not done any reviews about it cause im just too freakin busy to make one and do a photo shoot.

I never said that the AKRYM had Major problem which you make it sound to be, When i had my Akrym i LOVED it. I GOT BORED OF IT.

not biased bro, just being honest. the only thing i know that fit right is the OEM parts and some japanese parts... The only part aftermarket that fit 100% is the ASM CF parts on my s2000....

even the ericsson amuse needs a little lovin. not the best fitment but its minor issue.

I am anal unlike others. very anal that i see tiny bit of imperfection. i base everything by what i see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth335 View Post
I disagree about what you are saying with the Arkym lips quality. I have had two lips from them on my E92, and they fit perfectly; no gaps. I also have a Arkym rear diffuser, and it lined up with no issues. Arkym makes quality product.
regarding quality thats a different story, now fitment yes some needs a little adjustment, you probably happen to have the newer molds or just lucky enough that you got the good batch... i agree some of the owners are biased regarding the parts they have on the car...

NOT saying that Akrym dont make good products..

TRUST ME I WILL BUY ANOTHER AKRYM LIP IN A HEART BEAT ONCE I GET BORED OF MY jl gts FRONT LIP.

since you mentioned the quality check this out... and tell me whats wrong with it

SO IF EVERYONE IS WONDERING WHERE THE FITMENT ISSUE ON THE AKRYM ... THE 2 SIDES ARE A LITTLE BIT OFF.

I have seen several akrym lips and the issue was the same. Installer usually use 2 stack of double sided tape to hold the side and make sure that NO GAPS...

unfortunately this akrym fits very well from looking at the photo.... sorry to whoever this car belongs to i just grab it from GOOGLE...
[IMG][/IMG]

IN THE END AKRYM MADE THAT ADJUSTMENT TO MAKE THE LIP FIT BETTER... SO TO THOSE WHO GOT THE AKRYM ABOUT A YEAR AGO YES WE HAVE THAT ISSUE.

Last edited by Grail05; 08-24-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #25
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
^^^ In in Ladera Ranch, south OC. JL has offered to meet me tomorrow or Thursday though too. Where you at?
OIC not to far i guess im right off 91fwy and the 5fwy.... well let me know whats up...

Yea JL are good... bought my GTS front lip style from them and had a little bit of a fitment issue, then he drove down from OC to Los Angeles Ktown to show me whats needed. then come to find out that bolts are required for installing them like the real GTS or the GT4 front lip. so i said fawk that... ill drill those damn holes... no one will see them anyway.. LMAO...
      08-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
so where on JL's site is this lip? i am very interested
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BC Forged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
HAHA well he did got the lip but just by JL.. LOL

agree with you the Akrym does fit about 98% of the time... although i have seen some of the Akrym lip that does have gap issue YES gap issue... which which i think is fitment issue...

yea we were just comparing the JL and the real Akrym lip... no one had said that hes was replica... well to be honest all the lips are replica... they change a little of the design and not they say its a NEW LIP... they all just look like the rest..

YES I GOT a used Akrym lip... but whats that got to do with the fitment? i had it almost new so not sure what your talking about... its like your saying you got it used so the fitment is now oFF...

yeap i got a JL GTS rep. which i really like... I have not done any reviews about it cause im just too freakin busy to make one and do a photo shoot.

I never said that the AKRYM had Major problem which you make it sound to be, When i had my Akrym i LOVED it. I GOT BORED OF IT.

not biased bro, just being honest. the only thing i know that fit right is the OEM parts and some japanese parts... The only part aftermarket that fit 100% is the ASM CF parts on my s2000....

even the ericsson amuse needs a little lovin. not the best fitment but its minor issue.

I am anal unlike others. very anal that i see tiny bit of imperfection. i base everything by what i see.

regarding quality thats a different story, now fitment yes some needs a little adjustment, you probably happen to have the newer molds or just lucky enough that you got the good batch... i agree some of the owners are biased regarding the parts they have on the car...

NOT saying that Akrym dont make good products..

TRUST ME I WILL BUY ANOTHER AKRYM LIP IN A HEART BEAT ONCE I GET BORED OF MY jl gts FRONT LIP.

since you mentioned the quality check this out... and tell me whats wrong with it

SO IF EVERYONE IS WONDERING WHERE THE FITMENT ISSUE ON THE AKRYM ... THE 2 SIDES ARE A LITTLE BIT OFF.

I have seen several akrym lips and the issue was the same. Installer usually use 2 stack of double sided tape to hold the side and make sure that NO GAPS...

unfortunately this akrym fits very well from looking at the photo.... sorry to whoever this car belongs to i just grab it from GOOGLE...
[IMG][/IMG]

IN THE END AKRYM MADE THAT ADJUSTMENT TO MAKE THE LIP FIT BETTER... SO TO THOSE WHO GOT THE AKRYM ABOUT A YEAR AGO YES WE HAVE THAT ISSUE.
You can clearly see in the pics that the top portion of the lip is not lined up correctly hence the gap. Majority of the times you see gaps are when it's not installed correctly.

Other then that there are no issues whatsoever on fitment. Congrats on the rep lip but authentic does not have gaps in any areas when installed correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com View Post
You can clearly see in the pics that the top portion of the lip is not lined up correctly hence the gap. Majority of the times you see gaps are when it's not installed correctly.

Other then that there are no issues whatsoever on fitment. Congrats on the rep lip but authentic does not have gaps in any areas when installed correctly.
Trust me its not the installation part. although cars are made differently so some fits perfect and some dont..... but the area im talking about is the issue.... no matter what the gap is always there.. its not the installation issue.

but hey... I still love the Akrym cause for the price compare to other they are still the best...

Last edited by Grail05; 08-24-2011 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #29
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
Call them. They are not shown on there site. It is a secret menu item!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #30
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
doesnt look that bad to me...
      08-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #31
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
doesnt look that bad to me...
exactly to be honest its pretty darn good for a replica...
      08-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #32
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

My Authentic Vorsteiner CF lip does not fit better than this. Dont worry too much about it, you will soon worry about the chips thats on it and forget about the fitment. lol my opinion
      08-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #33
Ricfutures
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
+1 very interested
EB M235i (Sold)
E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
SeOuLm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

you could have spend another $300 and get an authentic one

has this problem been resolved yet?
      08-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #35
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeOuLm3 View Post
you could have spend another $300 and get an authentic one

has this problem been resolved yet?
There was never an issue in the beggining the OP was a bit worried why the end of the lip did not go all the way to the edge of the bumper...

Even the real one is the same thing... so some 300 is alot specially we know the lip will be all fawked up in a month by rock chips...
      08-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #36
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
^^^ In in Ladera Ranch, south OC. JL has offered to meet me tomorrow or Thursday though too. Where you at?

Update:

JL never called me weds or today as he said he would. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll hold some more I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Dude call him if u want it, i would specially if i have an issue....

Quote:
Quote:

Update:

JL never called me weds or today as he said he would. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll hold some more I guess.
      08-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #38
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

I ordered the same lip from them... should have it Wednesday... I'll let you know how mine fits.
Appreciate 0