BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

04-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #23
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Someone is back!!

Was planning on Akra front half with Eisenmann rear but they weren't compatable at the connectors. So have ordered a challege sport front half which is essentially the same as the akra, just not titanium and will attach to the Eisenmann. Not sure about warranty, it wouldn't be hard to reverse though, but I doubt it would be a huge issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #24
Rossi46
Alex Chapman
Rep
Drives: 125

good to hear man, the exhaust looks great.

I know a slipon doesnt effect warranty and can easily be taken off but its the full exhaust and tune that im worried about. Im pretty sure now you have had a tune your warranty is pretty much gone. Just hope nothing happens to the engine, bastards are expensive.

Id like to hear Andrews comments on this one. Maybe BMW are more Lenient when it comes to work done at SouthernBM?!

If there is no issue with warrenty, then ill be doing the stage 1 with full akra system.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #25
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

As i tell everyone, If you touch the ECU or go catless then that is for you to decide and you cannot really expect BMW to hold the can for that if something were to go wrong. If you are unsure about how this effects you, maybe contact the people that supply you the warranty and see what they say.

Cough, cough

Now that i have said that, have a look at all the reviews on this forum regarding the Exhaust upgrades like the Akrapovic and see if anyone has listed any issues at all. If you do not wish to run an ECU tune, Akrapovic do have a Delete R that takes care of the check light. The Akrapovic or Eisenmann does make the M3 a delight though.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #26
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi46 View Post
good to hear man, the exhaust looks great.

I know a slipon doesnt effect warranty and can easily be taken off but its the full exhaust and tune that im worried about. Im pretty sure now you have had a tune your warranty is pretty much gone. Just hope nothing happens to the engine, bastards are expensive.

Id like to hear Andrews comments on this one. Maybe BMW are more Lenient when it comes to work done at SouthernBM?!

If there is no issue with warrenty, then ill be doing the stage 1 with full akra system.
Mine's an 08 but I would have done it anyway. Just do it you skirt! The real Rossi would...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Jerez Black DCT

call you tomorrow andrew
Appreciate 0