BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #23
Hellride
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I've had the ralleye and the quick fit harnesses in my E46.

The quick fits are MUCH easier to live with but you can still use your 3 pt belt for DD with the Ralleye harnesses installed. Just remove your head rest and lay the belts on the rear pass floor well. Then of course, replace your headrest.

If you never have passengers in the back seat then the ralleye belts might be a good option.

If you frequently have passengers then I'd wait for the quick fits.
With the Rally4 - you don't have to remove the headrest at all. The buckle releases the trailing belts and you just pull the whole harness over the seat to stow. The trailing belts can stow as well, but I never have anyone back there anyway.

The only real annoyance is the seatbelt chime. It goes away after a bit, tho.
      10-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
Hellride
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jet Black

Here are the pics for the Rally4. Note the driver's right side. On the recommendation of the owner of the local store I bought it from - I cut the mounting bracket off and just used the belt loop instead (which is the same as the stock belt). I also take the plastic cover off the bolt when I use the harness.

In retrospect, I would leave the mount on and loop it through the back end of the brace. Taping the bracket heavily so not to scratch it up and keep it from rattling. Taking it off is nice, but shortens that side belt by 3-4 inches. It *just* fits for me. I only tighten the right side and there is barely a tale on the left side. If you sit with the seat back farther, it'd work better.

Also, worth noting. This belt is not meant for racing. The good: no racing lifespan (5 years I believe). The bad? Well, keep it under control. It does have the anti-submarine (ASM) technology (can see it at the top of the seat on driver's right) - but, without a roll cage I'd rather not test if ASM really works. Rubber side down.
Attached Images