BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-16-2023, 12:40 PM   #23
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rated_m3 View Post
So I ended up getting the rotors off after I used an impact gun on my wheel studs with a stud extractor tool. The studs were rusted on the rotors so, after holding the impact there for like 20 seconds they finally broke free and the rotor fell off easily. Red loctite is a PITA to get loose too. Another thing I did was put the DCT into neutral manually which I missed the first time and it’s a very important step to do so, the rotors can spin freely.
Was it necessary to remove all of the studs, or would removing just one suffice to get to the star adjuster? Or was it moot because they were rusted to the rotor anyway?
      08-29-2023, 07:21 AM   #24
rated_m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Was it necessary to remove all of the studs, or would removing just one suffice to get to the star adjuster? Or was it moot because they were rusted to the rotor anyway?
You can just remove one and access the star adjuster. However, there is another way to reach the star adjuster. You would just need to reach behind the rotor with a long flat head screw driver.
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy699.50