BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #23
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

I see I got the convo started lol..
Yes I know BC and Stance are lower end, but Stance has upgrade models that I would prefer over a KW.
same with Fortune.
Actually I would take a 500 series over a kw lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
AST can not be compared to Fortune Auto... AST makes fine dampeners in house. Fortune Auto uses Taiwan made shocks and then "customize" them by putting on different springs so they can say its "assembled in the USA".
Ill double check with Fortune about taiwan shocks, but I believe their quality is superior then you are saying, you can literally order custom valving, and they offer rebuilds and full warranty on their products too.
      03-17-2016, 06:29 PM   #24
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
I see I got the convo started lol..
Yes I know BC and Stance are lower end, but Stance has upgrade models that I would prefer over a KW.
same with Fortune.
Actually I would take a 500 series over a kw lol.

Ill double check with Fortune about taiwan shocks, but I believe their quality is superior then you are saying, you can literally order custom valving, and they offer rebuilds and full warranty on their products too.
Back in my JDM car days, I tried to run some of these coilovers to save some money and had terrible experiences. If you like them, good for you.

I'd rather run Tein coilovers than the Stance/BC/ Fortune junk. At least they are made in Japan and I've had good experiences tracking them with over 100k miles on my cars. They are robust and can take the abuse.
      03-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #25
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I'd rather run Tein coilovers than the Stance/BC/ Fortune junk. At least they are made in Japan and I've had good experiences tracking them with over 100k miles on my cars. They are robust and can take the abuse.
I'd rather be stock with sticky tires and camber plates than ride any of these. Only Tein's high end systems are worthwhile, everything underneath is crap, too.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 05:07 AM   #26
OnlySoMany
Hot Fresh Blarging
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 GTS

Quote:
Back in my JDM car days, I tried to run some of these coilovers to save some money and had terrible experiences. If you like them, good for you.

Tein super Street or above is great.

The Past: Too many to list....
Appreciate 0