BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

05-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #23
Eminenceo3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Mineral white E93

good thing a kid didnt run out in front of your in the garage. Not the smartest thing to do in a parking lot. Car sounds nice other wise. I really like your camera setup.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #24
Conzyo
Pho is yummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E70 X5M & 12' GTR

Sounds so sexy. Great job on capturing the sound for us. Nothing can compare to hearing it in person.
      05-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #25
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
Sounds great man! I am going to be filing a desert drift promo clip out in the desert. Did Have you tried mounting the mic on the inside of the rear diffuser right above the exhaust?
Thanks man! Nice...no I haven't. Not much room there and I think the sound might get distorted because it's so close to the exhaust that it might be too loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurL View Post
Much better .. I may look into this as my GoPro has pretty crappy sound when mounted on the car as well.
For sure...check it out man. Not too expensive option for better sound on the GoPro, can't beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
awesome.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddalun View Post
I really want to drive my M3 now. That's exactly what I'll do.

Love the license plate and wheel bolts. E90 FTW.
Hehe Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3freak86 View Post
Sounds great! Love the sound! You know how much I love your car, so when you are ready to sell, let me know!

Just curious as to why you chose to run the wire along the outside of the car? Could have put it through the window then through the back seat out the trunk. Just easier than taping it all up and running in the water drain of the trunk. Food for thought
Thanks man, I appreciate it! You know, honestly my dumbass never thought of that...lol Thanks for the tip dude, I'll definitely try running the wire that way next time!
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #26
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Haha wow I just read my comment, great work understanding what I was trying to say. That's what I get for posting on the forums while also reading charts during market time!

I found I get more of a clean exhaust sound and less distorted wind volume. Yours still sounds great, I just figured I'd give ya a new mount position to play with!

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #27
w0ady
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
No apology needed. I added music to make the video "watchable/not boring" like I do with every video I make. The test was to see if the mic can be heard loud and clear, no distortion even with music in the background. I would say it was successful...would you not agree? If not, you might want to get your ears checked or the speakers on your device upgraded. lol

Thanks man. ^Check above for why I added music.
Should have expected it with a name like dj_dub

http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic273443_2.gif
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #28
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenceo3 View Post
good thing a kid didnt run out in front of your in the garage. Not the smartest thing to do in a parking lot. Car sounds nice other wise. I really like your camera setup.
(See post #21 in this thread) I agree with you, however it was a calculated risk on my part. There's a chance of that happening, although it be small...still a chance I suppose. I only accelerated fast twice. The first section had no parked cars on my side and never any foot traffic there, the second section only had 5 cars parked and it's very easy to see if there's people inside or outside the cars with plenty of time and space for me to evade. Also very little foot traffic in that section. I frequent that parking garage all the time. It's no excuse, but I don't/didn't drive like that in busier areas for that reason. Anyways thanks for the compliments man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzyo View Post
Sounds so sexy. Great job on capturing the sound for us. Nothing can compare to hearing it in person.
Thanks brotha, I agree! ...loving the new look of your wheels bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
Haha wow I just read my comment, great work understanding what I was trying to say. That's what I get for posting on the forums while also reading charts during market time!

I found I get more of a clean exhaust sound and less distorted wind volume. Yours still sounds great, I just figured I'd give ya a new mount position to play with!
Haha! ...for sure, thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ady View Post
Should have expected it with a name like dj_dub
Haha...touché!
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #29
AnotherM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW e92 M3

I just picked up a gopro and now I'm determined to make a vid alone the lines of this. Santana Row! I knew everything looked familiar!
      05-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #30
blast1st
Test
Philippines
Rep
Drives: MDX as my daily @blast_1st

sounds good Pare!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #31
dj_dub
Rep

Garage List
Just picked up another mic from the same manufacturer (attachment below) because Amazon had such a good sale on it. It's the omni-directional version of the mic I originally used. Gonna try it out and see if it works as well or if it's too sensitive and picks up too much unwanted background noise. Either way, I'll be able to use this particular mic for other applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherM3 View Post
I just picked up a gopro and now I'm determined to make a vid alone the lines of this. Santana Row! I knew everything looked familiar!
Haha Good eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast1st View Post
sounds good Pare!!!
Salamat Pare!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0