BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #23
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

SilverstoneII shows the ///M3's lines the best and is easy to maintain. All black interior w/ carbon leather, black wheels, black front/side grills, and the car dead sexy. I'm about to order a Vorsteiner front lip and have it paint matched. Will keep the soon to be rear diffuser natural carbon fiber to compliment my soon to be Eisenmann Sport too.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigearhead
What car did u say u sold?
Ferrari gto?
Haven't sold it yet. It's a Pontiac GTO or Holden Monaro with a modded LS2 motor making 475 rwhp / 420 rwtq.

Ah everyone brings up such great combinations. I may ditch the cold weather package, and just get the heated seats. I wish the car had air con seats like the caddy CTS-V.

Are the headlight washers just a waste? I hear they are mandated in Germany. Not sure about England, however that won't matter as I will be shipping the car back to the US in 2014.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

I had the headlight washers on a 2006 E83 and I hated them. If you wash the windscreen and the headlights are on, the headlights get sprayed too. It's not separately controllable. The headlight sprayers splatter washer fluid all over the hood/bonnet of the car. The ski bag is also fairly worthless. I suggest just ordering the heated front seats separately (that's what I've done on all my BMWs (3) since the 2006 experience).
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
PutterMcGavin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5, '08 E61 535xi

I have SG with black interior and the brushed silver trim and LOVE it! I also have EPS which has SILVER rings. The brushed silver ties the outside color, silver interior accents (rings around EPS speakers, door pulls, cluster rings, etc.) and as it isn't "smooth" but a milled piece is actually really nice and textured. I've gotten a TON of compliments on it.

One thing about the EPS that I never really hear about is that while it sounds amazing, I have yet to hear the speakers clip no matter how loud I turn up the speakers. This is a MAJOR difference. I can be driving 10 mph with the windows up or 80 with the windows down and the speakers can still be dominant.

Also I LOVE SG. It changes from light to dark depending on the light. Love it. Plus it ties in nicely with CF accents IMO
      07-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

So I test drove an M3 again today. Last time I drove one was about 2 years ago and it was a four door. Really loved the way the car handled; however, a couple of things I noticed that kinda aggravated me. Going around the roundabouts with the DCT was kind of a pain to down shift while in the roundabout as the downshift paddle is right on my nuts. Unfortunately the roads were wet and was stuck in some traffic.

I also noticed that the TPMS only shows green or yellow for tire pressures. Is there Any way to show actual PSI pressures?

Since I live in England and getting a US Spec car, I will not be able to take advantage of the free warranty services offered. Any way around this?

Is there a way to get custom stitching on black leather? I would prefer red stitching.

I'm also hoping that the M3 will fit in my garage here in England. I have an 05 GTO that has about an inch on each side. I'm hoping the M3 is just as narrow.

All in all, I'm very happy with the way the car felt. I'm looking forward to place an order in the near future. My plan is to order early September and have it delivered by the end of March 2013.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
CrusherM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E92 Jet Black

how bout this...?

Name:  S1050923.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  88.6 KB

Would look good over Space gray!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
Mahzari
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Space Gray on Extended Black with CF Trim

DCT
Competition Package
Premium Package
Enhanced Premium Sound
Heated Seats

Should be around $75-76k

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #30
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
So after 2 years contemplating on buying an M3 Coupe, I have decided to replace my 2005 GTO with an M3, however, I'm torn between a Mineral White or Space Grey I'm also unsure whether or not I want to splurge on the Premium Sound System. I typically listen to Mog, Pandora, or other downloaded iTunes songs off my iPhone. I'm not looking for anything too loud, just crisp and clean sound at a decent volume without the speakers or amp clipping.

Would you guys recommend any pkg combinations? I definitely want a carbon fiber roof, competition pack, cold weather pack, premium pack, DCT, BMW apps and possibly Sirius radio for traffic and music.

The only things I'm unsure of is whether I want black seats, brushed aluminum trim, and which exterior color.

I'm planning on ordering around mid September and picking up from Germany around March to April timeframe after I return from my deployment.
I have Space Gray, Black Extended Leather, Brushed Aluminum and Premium Sound.

Space Gray looks good all the time. Bright light, dim light, whatever. It hides dirt extremely well. Scratches and water spots don't show at all. It is therefore the best color, objectively speaking, to have a good looking car in all conditions. Almost every type of wheel finish will go well with it. CF goes well with it. It is an extremely versatile color and has a "machine like" look to it.

Black leather is timeless. It is simply classic, hides dirt, and you will never tire of it.

The brushed aluminum brightens the all black, and matches the trim on the speaker grills.

Enhanced premium sound is very crisp. Still needs bass, but what factory system doesn't?

Hope this helps.

Last edited by LarThaL; 07-14-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #31
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

I've got the brushed aluminum in mine, and love the look of it. One thing I realized just today, though - if you ever have to park the car out in the sun, the panel on the doors (by your leg) get super hot! I park in a garage at home and work, so usually no issue for me.

One thing on cold weather package - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the rear seats only fold down if you get that package. Something to consider, as the folding rear seats make the car a lot more usable when shopping for or moving bigger/longer items.

I think Mineral White looks great with the carbon roof and the black accents of the ducts on the hood and sides. Did you consider Silverstone II at all? That's what mine is, and I'm continually impressed with how unique this paint is compared with other silver cars. It's got just a hint of blue in it. I was parked next to a silver Mercedes the other day, and my paint looked so much nicer.

Last edited by davesaddiction; 07-14-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
sin911
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

I love Mineral White, and was torn in between that and Space Gray. I love gray, period

I also debated whether to go Premium Sound or not, it's $2k when you look at it. But better to have it, than regret not having it
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #33
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Get the premium sound system, it's worth the money

Mineral white on the e92 makes it too Lexus and girly, no offense to my fellow mw owners
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #34
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe

I agree with the Aluminum trim. Much needed if you have a black interior to brighten it up. It goes with the speakers and door handles very nicely and it all matches in a classy manor.

As far as the TPMS...not sure. I would think it would tell you when it was low and give you the pressure amount. I've never had an issue yet with having to inflate the tires, even in extreme changing weather...so I can't answer from proof.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #35
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@StrasseForged
Space Gray/Black/Carbon Trim/6MT/CF Roof and you're good to go! We'll be twins!
Triplets**

GONE 2011 SG/Blk E92 M3 CS 6MT
Appreciate 0