BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
Maymun
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

I had some challanges too, most important one was that I could not pass the reception that routes your call to CA, becuase she "almost" told me I am stupid and dont know what I am talking, there is no 1200 mile service.

After getting to a CA, I make sure he know what i am talking and pretty much force my CA to get to call/read on what needs to be done. (btw, I actually had to go to Dealer, rudely bypass the reception, and walk in to my CA desk to get 1200 mile scheduled)

Overall my service was good(except the 7 miles of joy ride on my M3, and my trunk was full of items and they were all spread out)

Unfortunately, if you do not pay attention, you are asking for trouble. Recommend, ask your CA that you are not auth a "drive test" unless mechanic talks to you and explains why an oil change requires one.

I drive BMW's last 10 yrs or so (M3 is my 4th) and all I can say is that service is getting worser every time I buy a new one.

I am not looking forward the frustration for 15k service, and crossing fingers that I will have no reason to go visit a dealership in Houston(Advantage in Downtown is the only one I did not get any experience, thay are next!)
      06-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #24
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Please PLEASE tell me is wasn't BMW of San Francisco! That's where I ordered my car.

...and where the hell is Fail?!

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #25
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Ok today I talked to a real SA and he sounds much more competent. He knew everything that needed to be done. I guess I really was just talking to a phone chimp. Will let you know how it goes!

If you have to ask where Fail is ... you FAIL.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #26
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

This reminds me when I asked the CA why the e93 had the euro seats and the e90/92 did not. he was adamant that it was because the e93 that they had was equipped with the "sport package." i said, "oh, yeah...i never thought of that." stupid idiot has no clue there is no sport package. that is when you just walk away and laugh.
Appreciate 0