BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

07-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #23
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
why?...... Is your time and energy devoted to lawyering up worth less than $400?

only people who lawyer up are the ones facing jail time, suspended license or impounding of cars...

dude, you got off easy, and he cut you a break, bumped your ticket down to 65 in a 50...lesson learned. Don't drive like an idiot.
Read my comment just above. In Florida, the only people who actual pay their tickets are the idiots. I don't see why California would be that much different.

https://www.ticketclinic.com/

If the cop changed the speed from 50 to 65, I think the lawyer could get it dismissed easily. NEVER EVER PAY A TICKET.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #24
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dimi View Post
How do you guys deal with the tickets do you just pay them most of the time or do you do that whole thing where a lawyer shows up for you and just extends the trial until the cop doesnt show or what? Also do you get the points on your license or do you clean it up with the traffic school BS...
If you're in CA, look into trial by written declaration.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #25
crash32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey... Way off the topic here, but do you do track days at your closest track? This took care of all of my urge to speed on public roads!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #26
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3 View Post
Read my comment just above. In Florida, the only people who actual pay their tickets are the idiots. I don't see why California would be that much different.

https://www.ticketclinic.com/

If the cop changed the speed from 50 to 65, I think the lawyer could get it dismissed easily. NEVER EVER PAY A TICKET.
http://www.ticketassassin.com/why-yo...raffic-ticket/

This guy shares your opinion. This is specific to CA and is a step by step for how to do it. I think that you now need a subscription (only about $20) if you want his suggested wording, but PM me if you want their wording-I saved the forms somewhere before the site went with the membership.

I haven't had a ticket since med school (1990), but I've given this information to about half a dozen pharm reps and they all beat their tickets.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #27
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mPlasticDesign View Post
Always video tape every interaction with the police. If he told you one thing and wrote a completely different thing on the citation that ticket is BS.
Watch out with doing that in CA. Many departments consider video of police interactions to be illegal. The judges may even give criminal charges if you recorded without notification/consent (BS, but how this commie state works).
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #28
tacoman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1989 E30 M3 and 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3 View Post
Every State is different I imagine. In Florida you are a tard if you pay your ticket. ALWAYS take it to a lawyer. We have traffic lawyers all over like cockroaches. It's big business. You give them the number on the citation and a credit card, they charge you $59 and a month or two later you get a notice of court costs, if any. No points or anything.

Our court system is setup for it. They even do a bogus "pre-trial" court date. You show up, the pre-trial judge deals with it real quick, and you go on your way (either you or lawyer show up).

I imagine California has traffic lawyers too. It may work the same or similar.

+1

Retain an Attorney. No doubt whatsoever....

Look online, call around, ask for referrals....if this fails, the traffic attorney's in that area will send you mailings in the next 14 or days pitching their services. The tkts are a matter of public record and the attorney's have access to this. Its like a lead generation system. lol
Dude is correct...the court systems are set up this way.

Your objective....no points, no infractions, get the fine lowered a bit.

Pay the county the money they want/need...pay your Attorney the money he deserves. Be happy.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #29
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post
Watch out with doing that in CA. Many departments consider video of police interactions to be illegal. The judges may even give criminal charges if you recorded without notification/consent (BS, but how this commie state works).
Absolutely NOT true. The First Amendment permits the filming of police officers in public places as long as the filming does not interfere with officers. That's anywhere in the US. If a police officer tells you this they are either uninformed or LYING!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5676940.html

https://www.aclunc.org/our-work/know...hts-and-police
      07-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #30
JoePcone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

See my thread, same thing happened to me. Get a lawyer and should get it dismissed or dropped to a lesser plea. Representation is not that expensive either.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1105771

(past) 2012 E92 M3 - Melbourne Red - Eibach Springs/AG M359/ performance spoiler/ performance splitters/10mm spacers, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Alpine Stage 2 Tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #31
M'EM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: JZB M3

I got pulled over a couple of months ago doing 120 mph in a 70 mph zone but the officer gave me a break and booked me for doing 80...huge break.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=ticket

Kind of an eye opener for me because I keep my eyes wide open looking for cops when gunning it. Jokes apart I don't do shit like that anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 04:01 AM   #32
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 4.6L M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash32 View Post
Hey... Way off the topic here, but do you do track days at your closest track? This took care of all of my urge to speed on public roads!
Don't have money for new car parts after beating on the track sorry lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #33
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mPlasticDesign View Post
Absolutely NOT true. The First Amendment permits the filming of police officers in public places as long as the filming does not interfere with officers. That's anywhere in the US. If a police officer tells you this they are either uninformed or LYING!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5676940.html

https://www.aclunc.org/our-work/know...hts-and-police
You aren't understanding what the person said. Many departments CONSIDER it illegal. Doesn't make them right. I personally will film the police because I don't care and have the means to deal with it if necessary. Some cops, wrongly, believe they can arrest you for it and they will. It becomes a nightmare trying to make it right and the cops have almost no accountability for these mistakes.

As cops say "You can be the charge, but you won't beat the ride" -- you are going to jail anyways, you will go through a bureaucratic nightmare, it'll cost you money, your mugshot will be public record on the internet..... and the cop will get paid overtime to show up at court if they are asked to do so. The cop will have zero inconvenience in his life and couldn't care less if you beat the charge.

There is some good examples of people winning in court and suing successfully, but so many examples of people just not wanting to go through the hassle and get on with their lives.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0