BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

04-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #23
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless 45 View Post
I used the o-ring from the fill plug in place of the copper washer that came with the pan.
Do you have any pictures of the o-ring you used?

Looks like that may have solved the drain plug leaking issue GORDON.M3 had.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 11:00 PM   #24
Stainless 45
Captain
Rep
Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

I don't have pictures unfortunately. I was all set to use a viton o-ring from a kit of various sizes and then opted to use the one from the ECS plug. They include it with the dct service kit.

I have to thank GORDON.M3 for pointing out the potential for leaks though. Saved me a lot of headache. The pan should have come with a synthetic o ring not the copper washer.
Blue Thunder -2011 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. BPM Stage II. Dinan 3.45 Rear. Borla/Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, Forgestar F14's, Turner road armor. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 01:16 AM   #25
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless 45 View Post
I don't have pictures unfortunately. I was all set to use a viton o-ring from a kit of various sizes and then opted to use the one from the ECS plug. They include it with the dct service kit.

I have to thank GORDON.M3 for pointing out the potential for leaks though. Saved me a lot of headache. The pan should have come with a synthetic o ring not the copper washer.
Sadly I was in a rush and didn't have time to experiment. My friend's shop is extremely busy, I was going to do a full tear-down to make it work but I got really fed up with the coating on the pan. VividRacing issued a refund and returned all the units they had from the supplier/removed it from their site. Even upper management said its an unfinished product after they inspected it themselves.

I'm planning to buy another pan down the road, or have one made myself CNC so that is why I did not bother with the Wortech one.

Glad the O-ring worked, I was going to use teflon tape if I couldn't refund it.
Appreciate 0