BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #309
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep
Drives: CFR500 M3 Vert

By the way, I'd be obliged to discuss their parts with anyone.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #310
EnemyM3
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

This thread took me way too long to finish, it was interesting though.

It answered a lot but I still don't know if there are any vorsteiner reps out there. My only question is, where can I get the best price on a Vorsteiner front lip?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #311
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Gerard,

Great post and you are definitely a great source for anyone that has questions about Vorsteiner parts.

EnemyM3, we would be more than happy to assist you with an Authentic Vorsteiner Lip.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #312
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
There have also been others who haven't been able to afford the parts and felt they're overpriced in comparison to some who actually do get their parts from Asian companies (with all due respect), who have INFERIOR QUALITY and poor fitment. This is not the case with Vorsteiner and perhaps it's because these people are just cheap and don't want to pay for quality and support products MADE IN THE USA. That's not hard to figure out.
Some choose to buy replica front lips, because they end up getting trashed from day to day driving. It is the one mod I don't mind getting a rep. Really adds to piece of mind when ripping around town.

Quote:
I know Vorsteiner very well and know the person who runs it. I've owned practically everything you can own that they produce.
That would make you unbiased in your opions.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #313
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

I can and have compared their products to some of the other stuff in the market and they're tops. Got something better - go for it. Just note: (1) Products made in California; (2) They stand 100% behind their products.

I'm not affiliated.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #314
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Some choose to buy replica front lips, because they end up getting trashed from day to day driving. It is the one mod I don't mind getting a rep. Really adds to piece of mind when ripping around town.
Uh huh, right. Most people when it comes down to this I'd bet are just cheap. You can argue that anything on a car is going to get "trashed" or worn out, etc. So where do you draw the line? BS!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #315
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
This is my first post but it's not my first time visiting this forum given my interests in the new M3, yet I own an E46 M3.

However, while surfing this site I came upon this thread and it's very reminiscent of some I've seen on on other websites (including M3F), by seemingly (bafoons) who appear to have a particular beef with Vorsteiner.

In one case, quite frankly it's hard to tell here, but there was one who was spreading these malicious lies in an attempt to get positioned to compete with Vorsteiner (pretty low tactic - slither and crawl on greasy fat belly types). This is a common and very SLIMY tactic by some who would like to get in the game by bringing someone else down. It's the low-of-the-lowest approach.

There have also been others who haven't been able to afford the parts and felt they're overpriced in comparison to some who actually do get their parts from Asian companies (with all due respect), who have INFERIOR QUALITY and poor fitment. This is not the case with Vorsteiner and perhaps it's because these people are just cheap and don't want to pay for quality and support products MADE IN THE USA. That's not hard to figure out.

I know Vorsteiner very well and know the person who runs it. I've owned practically everything you can own that they produce. I've even purchased many of parts just as extras in case I damage a piece I can have it right away. This is not because of any reason other than every piece is custom-made to order - not the sit on the shelf types. I've dealt DIRECTLY with them and not through a vendor since 2005. These lies and nonsense about parts being built in Asia or any place overseas is a complete lie and despicable. Unless you're living in a Communist country, you have the burden of proof. So those of you that are spreading this UTTER BS, why don't you prove that you're not what I've described above. The problem is you can't because you're making it up.

Vorsteiner has an excellent reputation in the BMW and other communities (other marques, racing teams, etc.), including many other well-known manufacturers that they partner with (i.e., Brembo to name just one).

Some people might find competing with a quality and well-known company like Vorsteiner as an insurmountable task , and so they and/or their surrogates have to result to these libelous attacks - yes, this is defamatory and it's a slimeball thing to do!

I've extensively modded my M3 and had heavily modded two 911's before it. I can compare their parts to parts from my other cars that I've modded and they're superior in every way, and their service is second to none. I can also attest to their parts being made in the USA - California to be exact. For good measure, it's worth stating they stand 100% behind their products, and quality is perfection. If there's ever an issue with any of their parts, they stand behind it 100%. I've seen many-many instances where there might have been a problem with a vendor, imagine that, a vendor - and Vorsteiner steps in when it was really the VENDOR'S RESPONSIBILITY. That's a top-notch company - Vorsteiner!

Now, to those who accuse their parts of being made overseas or make some reference to quality, you have the burden of proof - put up or shut up. Anyone here want to say it's built someplace other than their manufacturing plant in California - put up or shut up.

Lastly, Vorsteiner was not kicked off M3F! I've been on that forum as long as I've dealt with them and as I said before, I've seen these types of threads before and they're nonsense.
i understand that you came into this thread to defend vorsteiner which is fine, but in trying to make your point, you came across sounding like a complete douchebag.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #316
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
I know Vorsteiner very well.
Yeah, you're definitely unbiased!

Quote:
Uh huh, right. Most people when it comes down to this I'd bet are just cheap. You can argue that anything on a car is going to get "trashed" or worn out, etc. So where do you draw the line? BS!
So a front lip on a lowered car (which many of our cars are, including mine) isn't going to get trashed due to debris impacting it, getting scraped on inclines or declines in the road, or scraping stop guards in parking lots? And by your logic of "anything on a car is going to get trashed," this same front lip is going to receive the same damage that a cf rear diffuser would? The laws of physics say otherwise. That's some great logic you have there.

I have a Vorsteiner boot on my car and I didn't mind paying the premium because it's VERY unlikely that it'll receive even the slightest bit of damage over the years of me owning it. On the other hand, I would never buy their front lip at its current price point because I'll 100% have to replace it after it being on the car for a few months.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #317
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
i understand that you came into this thread to defend vorsteiner which is fine, but in trying to make your point, you came across sounding like a complete douchebag.
Whatever blows your skirt up Nellie.

I call it like I see it and the information in this thread is bogus. No need to feel like "defending" anyone other than setting it straight. Got that little fella!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #318
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Motors View Post
Yeah, you're definitely unbiased!

So a front lip on a lowered car (which many of our cars are, including mine) isn't going to get trashed due to debris impacting it, getting scraped on inclines or declines in the road, or scraping stop guards in parking lots? And by your logic of "anything on a car is going to get trashed," this same front lip is going to receive the same damage that a cf rear diffuser would? That's some great logic you have there.

Hey chump if you want to go out and buy cheap fine, it is what it is. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You just don't want to spend money on a front lip because you're careless in all of the examples you cited. I mean by all the things you hit your car is likely going to look like garbage anyway so I agree, be "cheap".
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #319
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Hey chump if you want to go out and buy cheap fine, it is what it is. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You just don't want to spend money on a front lip because you're careless in all of the examples you cited. I mean by all the things you hit your car is likely going to look like garbage anyway so I agree, be "cheap".
Quote:

I call it like I see it and the information in this thread is bogus. No need to feel like "defending" anyone other than setting it straight. Got that little fella!?!
Did a bunch of us fuck your mother or something? There's no need for name calling, so cut that out, and then maybe people will want to listen to you. How am I careless in lowering my car, living in a neighborhood with a lot of inclines/declines (Hollywood Hills), or HAVING DEBRIS HIT IT? I'm pretty sure I don't control debris flying at my car, and the E9* needs a drop desperately, so having lowering springs or coilovers is a fairly rational choice.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #320
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

nice.... another thread turned to name calling and people needing to be the "winner" on an internet argument.
      01-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #321
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

got it, douchebag!!

now give vorsteiner a call and order more pieces to have on reserve.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #322
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

Hey fella, I don't want anything to do with your mother so leave her out of this - I'll pass.

I know about being lowered and I've used Vorsteiner's race lips. So I hit a rabbit once and scooped it up and flew overhead and I damaged my lip and replaced it. I bought a couple extras just in case - wasn't being "CHEAP" and I didn't want GARBAGE on my car.

Risking things on the road, curbs, etc, goes with the territory of having a lowered car. Being "careless" is hitting some of the things you referenced. So, you can go out and buy something cheap and have it look that way while you're driving around waiting for it to get damaged and replacing it with another. Oh, that's a good one.

I've seen some of the stuff out there by a particular vendor that I'm not going to mention. In fact, before I dealt with Vorsteiner I tried one of these parts, a CSL bumper to be exact. It was pathetic. It was also about half the price. Yeah, lets see - I could drive around expecting to hit something and damage the bumper, and what the heck, I'll just go out and buy another crappy bumper.

If your neighborhood has a "lot of inclines/declines", perhaps having a lowered car with any lip isn't the smartest thing to have. Flying "debris" at your car - eh, you must live in "da real hood". You sure about that!?! BS.

Quote:
Did a bunch of us fuck your mother or something? There's no need for name calling, so cut that out, and then maybe people will want to listen to you. How am I careless in lowering my car, living in a neighborhood with a lot of inclines/declines (Hollywood Hills), or HAVING DEBRIS HIT IT? I'm pretty sure I don't control debris flying at my car, and the E9* needs a drop desperately, so having lowering springs or coilovers is a pretty rational choice.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #323
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

Quote:
got it, douchebag!!

now give vorsteiner a call and order more pieces to have on reserve.
Glad you "got it". I will as I deem it necessary. I don't have a problem with that. Seems as if you do. Move along little fella.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #324
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

Quote:
Did a bunch of us fuck your mother or something? There's no need for name calling, so cut that out, and then maybe people will want to listen to you.
I do regret the use of a few of the "names", however, I am pointing out a few things about Vorsteiner, what they produce and where it's produced. In return you attack with a reference to bias, yet I have tried to qualify a few things in my first post. Some may not like hearing that, but I think some may have an agenda or some issue with Vorsteiner.

All the smart a$s things aside, I do agree that living in an area where the conditions make a lip prone to damage may cause some to not want to spend a lot of money on some parts. I really do understand this. But honestly, if it's that bad why even bother when even if it's a cheap part you still have to buy another, spend the money to have it painted (assuming part of it), and then reinstall only to likely have it happen again. For me I like good fitment and quality. If you can find a better and cheaper part elsewhere that's great.

My major point was the main factors referenced above about place manufactured, quality and customer service. All excellent in my opinon.

My regrets for the offensive responses.

Peace.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #325
Saturn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Wow. GJGM3 = Sticky 2.0

Not all of the members of the board feel like paying an inflated price for what essentially amounts to a wear item. Not all the members of the board feel like paying for multiple price inflated wear items. Living in the real world with inclines, declines and the like and daily driving your car results in damage over time. This is not carelessness, it is reality. Pull your head out of the clouds; you already lost all of your credibility with your Vorsteiner fanboy first post, so please stop insisting that everyone who doesn't buy 3 overpriced plastic lips is a careless idiot.

Posts like this drive me crazy. Good on you Eclipse - this sort of competition is the basis of the American dream, any company who resorts to threats of legal bullying should step back and wonder why they are under price pressure in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #326
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep

It makes zero difference to me what you believe, especially since you drive a Subaru.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #327
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Did a bunch of us fuck your mother or something? There's no need for name calling, so cut that out, and then maybe people will want to listen to you. How am I careless in lowering my car, living in a neighborhood with a lot of inclines/declines (Hollywood Hills), or HAVING DEBRIS HIT IT? I'm pretty sure I don't control debris flying at my car, and the E9* needs a drop desperately, so having lowering springs or coilovers is a fairly rational choice.
+1. I'd rather get a replica front lip due to the possible damages it may receive as there is a much higher chance of that happening to the front then a diffuser. I don't see how $1350 is worth for a front lip no matter who the company is...

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #328
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are you cheap because you live in a more economical state of Minnesota.

Enjoy your winter buddy.

Quote:
+1

Quote:
It is just a car. Most M3's are daily drivers. We aren't talking about a Ferrari here.

You seem to be the one getting your panties in a bunch.

Go put your snow boots on and shovel your driveway. I am sure your daddy will buy you a new splitter for your work.

Quote:
It makes zero difference to me what you believe, especially since you drive a Subaru.
Did someone say douchebag?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #329
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I do regret the use of a few of the "names", however, I am pointing out a few things about Vorsteiner, what they produce and where it's produced. In return you attack with a reference to bias, yet I have tried to qualify a few things in my first post. Some may not like hearing that, but I think some may have an agenda or some issue with Vorsteiner.

All the smart a$s things aside, I do agree that living in an area where the conditions make a lip prone to damage may cause some to not want to spend a lot of money on some parts. I really do understand this. But honestly, if it's that bad why even bother when even if it's a cheap part you still have to buy another, spend the money to have it painted (assuming part of it), and then reinstall only to likely have it happen again. For me I like good fitment and quality. If you can find a better and cheaper part elsewhere that's great.

My major point was the main factors referenced above about place manufactured, quality and customer service. All excellent in my opinon.

My regrets for the offensive responses.

Peace.
Now you try to be mature.

A little too late.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #330
Saturn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Way to prove my point. Why don't you buy another dozen Vorsteiner products and try to prove to us you aren't an asshat.
Appreciate 0