BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

03-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #287
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No DSG, only MT. Audi allegedly figured out that the adaption/development of DSG were to costly.

Best regards, south
Surely they could have adapted the DSG in the TT-S to cope with the extra power and torque, I can't believe that the current DSG is at the limits of what it can cope with.

If they developed a new engine from scratch solely to be used in the TT-RS then that statement is absurd, no one will tell me that to develop a new engine is cheaper than modifying a gearbox to cope with more power.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #288
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Surely they could have adapted the DSG in the TT-S to cope with the extra power and torque, I can't believe that the current DSG is at the limits of what it can cope with.

If they developed a new engine from scratch solely to be used in the TT-RS then that statement is absurd, no one will tell me that to develop a new engine is cheaper than modifying a gearbox to cope with more power.
Don't shot the messenger. That's just what I heard, they could have done that but due to the high adaption costs they decided not to go that way.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #289
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don't shot the messenger. That's just what I heard, they could have done that but due to the high adaption costs they decided not to go that way.

Best regards, south

The hitmen are on the way round to your place as we speak.

South, you must admit that excuse is absurd given the obivous development that they have given to the TT-RS project. It's a bit short sighted given the continuing push by all manufacturers to offer DCT in all of their sportiest of models.

It would be better to say that for such a limited run the number of sales for a DSG version wouldn't warrant the outlay. My only conclusion is that the TT-RS will be a very limited production run in comparison to the amount of TTs sold worldwide and by become very collectable in the future.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #290
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
If only I lived with my parents or for any of your comments to be accurate.

Get over me, so I'm out of your league, straight, and not interested, I'm sure you will find a guy that makes you happy one day.

What are your 1/4 mile times again? Any time you want to meet up and be put in your place, I'm not hard to find. I have a habit of doing that to 335 owners.
Sorry I'm married to a beautiful women. I know what you look like, again, sorry I'm not into goofy looking dudes. But again, your self indulgent flattery is humorous, but only welcomed by yourself. Just an FYI it's probably one of the many reasons you are single.

1/4 mile times? Guess you forgot all the beatings you've taken at the strip against N54's huh? You've only been put in your place by N54's other than that one with a weak tune. All the big talk of how you will get into the 11's and beat the little N54's with just a few more mods and you did worse the second time around.

Just curious, with install costs and shop/tuning costs and so forth, how many thousands of dollars have you put into your M3 only to run a few tenths faster than stock? You up to $10K yet? Gotta be pretty close, especially if you added the gears now.

Oh and by the way Joe, I know you are not hard to find, I know where you live.

Last edited by Driver72; 03-05-2009 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #291
southlight
Rep

Quote:
The hitmen are on the way round to your place as we speak.
I just locked my doors.

Quote:
It would be better to say that for such a limited run the number of sales for a DSG version wouldn't warrant the outlay. My only conclusion is that the TT-RS will be a very limited production run in comparison to the amount of TTs sold worldwide and by become very collectable in the future.
Sure, costs are not higher than Audi could afford, just so high not to make enough money with DSG.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #292
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
with standard seats. i would go for RS seats. but they are nice too!!!
You must have forgotten this one.

Name:  tt_rs.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  389.4 KB

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #293
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Employing so many people through the years I class myself a good judge of character and I have you marked to a tee.

Yes I reckon it will comfortably beat the RS4 on the track and may do as well in acceleration, it's awd system does use less power to run and it's weight is a good 200kgs lighter so the car will feel extremely agile next to the RS4 and M3. The 370z is more a match to the TT-S ( maybe slightly ahead) but I would say that the Cayman S will be slower on the straights but better in the corners as it is against the M3 as well, maybe you should check out SportAuto to see where the Cayman S time sits in comparison to the M3 on Hockenheim and Hockenheim is a demanding track on brakes, chassis and traction. If a car is quick there then it is usually quick on all other tracks.

You think highly of yourself to believe this BS.
Oh yes he does, no doubt.
It's amazing how one kid can go against so many people, insults so many people, argue with so many people, have so many people tell him one thing, but he consistently believes they are all wrong and are idiots and that he's always right.

You'd think and hope maybe just maybe someday he'd see so many people aren't wrong and he's the sole person who thinks he's right. It will surely devastate his world when that reality hits him.

In the meantime, I think we ALL just need to collectively put him on our ignore lists. It will be funny when he posts and nobody sees it or responds to it. **Or he could just be banned again for good this time and that would solve it faster and easier for us all.**
At least that way their will be some more factual information, as well as people will actually have the opportunity to state their opinions and beliefs without his hatred name calling and attacks being thrown at them for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #294
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Those pics of the TT-RS look sweet.
Can't wait for actual performance results from car.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #295
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:

Attachment 245805

Best regards, south
Same as the R8. Better job than what Lexus did with the IS-F, with tips that didn't even line up with the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #296
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Attachment 245805

Best regards, south
I never knew that, or that the R8 was the same but when you look at the pipes on an X6 that exit through the bumper you see a huge gap between pipes and bodywork, maybe it's the only way to keep the gap to a minimum.

At least it's been better executed than the IS-F.

P.S.

Absolutely hate that blue one, the different colours along the splitter and the supports for the wing look cheap and nasty. Apart from that it's as pretty a car as it ever was.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #297
southlight
Rep

Quote:
I never knew that, or that the R8 was the same but when you look at the pipes on an X6 that exit through the bumper you see a huge gap between pipes and bodywork, maybe it's the only way to keep the gap to a minimum.
Yep, it's the same with the 7 series. Seems to be necessary with the visual tailpipes being a part of the bumper. Nonetheless I don't like it.

Quote:
Absolutely hate that blue one, the different colours along the splitter and the supports for the wing look cheap and nasty. Apart from that it's as pretty a car as it ever was.
Love that blue one, but the cheap silver trim would have to go then. I reckon Audi exclusive would make it possible to have these parts painted either black or the same blue.

BTW: Read in another forum that there's a spoiler delete option. That might be the most-checked one.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #298
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
BTW: Read in another forum that there's a spoiler delete option. That might be the most-checked one.

Causing just another bunch of TT's ending up in the armco just like with the TT Mk1 a couple of years ago, remember?

LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #299
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, it's the same with the 7 series. Seems to be necessary with the visual tailpipes being a part of the bumper. Nonetheless I don't like it.
Yeah that sounds about right, at least both BMW and Audi can execute this method and make it look presentable, unlike Lexus.

Quote:
Love that blue one, but the cheap silver trim would have to go then. I reckon Audi exclusive would make it possible to have these parts painted either black or the same blue.
There was nothing wrong with the colour, that blue really suits it's curves, I like yourself have a problem with the silver trim but unlike you I was sure that this was an Audi exclusive job and not from standard factory spec.

Quote:

Best regards, south
That would be an option but then would it detract from the exclusiveness of the TT-RS, turning it into a run of the mill TT-S. It would be a tough decision to make.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #300
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
Causing just another bunch of TT's ending up in the armco just like with the TT Mk1 a couple of years ago, remember?

LOL
I don't think South is meaning the spoiler is deleted only switched to the normal retractable one.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #301
southlight
Rep

Quote:
There was nothing wrong with the colour, that blue really suits it's curves, I like yourself have a problem with the silver trim but unlike you I was sure that this was an Audi exclusive job and not from standard factory spec.
Great. Seems like they better had asked us before building that combination.

Quote:
I don't think South is meaning the spoiler is deleted only switched to the normal retractable one.
Exactly, spoiler delete switches back to the normal setup. It's only available without the raised top speed though.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #302
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

I guess that big rear spoiler serves a purpose, that's all.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #303
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Great. Seems like they better had asked us before building that combination.

Best regards, south

Best not ask sticky because he would have told them not to bother, it would be too slow anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #304
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
i like the spoiler, it gives the TT-RS the look. so i find it crap that audi given the option to a normal automatic spoiler. if anyone dont like the spoiler then he shouldnt buy the TT-RS.
I bet it will "give the look" to many other TT models soon. That spoiler might be the new M3 side mirror.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #305
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I guess that big rear spoiler serves a purpose, that's all.
I would say driving at a 175mph would require a reduction in rear lift, especially as the new chin splitter will probably be improving front end lift at such high speed.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #306
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I bet it will "give the look" to many other TT models soon. That spoiler might be the new M3 side mirror.

Best regards, south

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #307
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
I would say driving at a 175mph would require a reduction in rear lift, especially as the new chin splitter will probably be improving front end lift at such high speed.
exactly my thoughts.

not kidding.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #308
footie
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
exactly my thoughts.

not kidding.
Braking any car at these speeds and not only do you need your wits about you but a spare pair of shorts.
Appreciate 0