BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #221
Battle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Prius

What is the difference between the 335 scoops and the M3 scoops?
      10-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #222
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
what kind of driving? highway? I wouldn't credit the 2 mpg to the scoops unless you reset the MPG right before first trip without scoops, and then reset it again right before second trip with scoops.
highway and thanks.. ive done 100 mile trips without scoops and the highest mpg i got was 15... you don't have to believe me, i can careless. the fact that most of the people on this forum thinks that its a bullshit product and i'm just lying is starting to get on my nerves. i have no affiliation with RPI, I'm just a customer. I'm giving everyone updates because some people who actually want the product care. if you don't think it works then save your 129 and go pump some gas or something.
have a good day.
      10-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #223
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
What is the difference between the 335 scoops and the M3 scoops?
the m3 scoops are v3. (different design, much bigger) will not work on the 335.

i have pictures at home, im at work so i'll post them tonight.
      10-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #224
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
highway and thanks.. ive done 100 mile trips without scoops and the highest mpg i got was 15... you don't have to believe me, i can careless. the fact that most of the people on this forum thinks that its a bullshit product and i'm just lying is starting to get on my nerves. i have no affiliation with RPI, I'm just a customer. I'm giving everyone updates because some people who actually want the product care. if you don't think it works then save your 129 and go pump some gas or something.
have a good day.
Take a deep breath. I never said I didn't believe you. I also haven't called the product bullshit. I've simply questioned the tests done so far and specifically directed my last question at you in order to give you a chance to show readers of this thread that your MPG test is an accurate test of the scoops.

I am also curious as to why you were only getting 15 MPG on the highway? Again I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I think something must be wrong because my highway MPG is always over 20 and I haven't heard from any other forum members with such a low highway MPG.
      10-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #225
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

does this mod affect the amount of cooling air passing through the radiator surface area? Sure looks like to me, so will the engine operating temps increase with this?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #226
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
After Eloy gets back my car will also be tested with these scoops

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #227
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Take a deep breath. I never said I didn't believe you. I also haven't called the product bullshit. I've simply questioned the tests done so far and specifically directed my last question at you in order to give you a chance to show readers of this thread that your MPG test is an accurate test of the scoops.

I am also curious as to why you were only getting 15 MPG on the highway? Again I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I think something must be wrong because my highway MPG is always over 20 and I haven't heard from any other forum members with such a low highway MPG.
Sorry, I guess I lost my cool for a second but I drive my car pretty hard most of the time so I don't get anything close to 20 mpg or anything.. The most I ever got on this car was 16.8
      10-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #228
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtom3 View Post
does this mod affect the amount of cooling air passing through the radiator surface area? Sure looks like to me, so will the engine operating temps increase with this?
That's what we have been testing for and to see that the gains stay. So far, no it has not affected the amount of hair getting to the radiator. The stock oil cooler on this car sucks though, after a few runs on the dyno the car gets VERY hot (stock)
      10-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #229
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
The stock oil cooler on this car sucks though, after a few runs on the dyno the car gets VERY hot (stock)

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!

Last edited by ace996; 10-31-2008 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 12:29 PM   #230
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The stock oil cooler on this car sucks though, after a few runs on the dyno the car gets VERY hot (stock)
It sucks???
This is the second time I've heard this in this post and am a little puzzled, as none of the track guys are complaining..even the SoCal guys in the dead of Summer. Come to think of it, I've never heard anyone say that the car ran hot on the street/track/strip/anywhere.

What oil temps are you seeing after a few runs on the dyno?
What coolant temps?

Thanks,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:00 PM   #231
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace996 View Post
It sucks???
This is the second time I've heard this in this post and am a little puzzled, as none of the track guys are complaining..even the SoCal guys in the dead of Summer. Come to think of it, I've never heard anyone say that the car ran hot on the street/track/strip/anywhere.

What oil temps are you seeing after a few runs on the dyno?
What coolant temps?

Thanks,
TomK
STOCK, after 3 runs it was at 230º I'm not sure about the coolant temps.. Eloy has them in the computer.
      10-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #232
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
STOCK, after 3 runs it was at 230º I'm not sure about the coolant temps.. Eloy has them in the computer.
OK...230 is not considered hot. It is not uncommon for tracked cars to reach 260 or more and that is still within operating range for oil. We are using synthetic oil and it can deal with those temps.
300...that's hot, that's when something should be done.

Thanks for your reply.
Be good,
TomK

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #233
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Don't waste your time, the guy is just a negative nancy. The thought never even crossed his mind that an improved oil cooler will reduce heat soak and allow the cars to provide more consistent power delivery after prolonged hard driving (like on the track).
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #234
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Don't waste your time, the guy is just a negative nancy. The thought never even crossed his mind that an improved oil cooler will reduce heat soak and allow the cars to provide more consistent power delivery after prolonged hard driving (like on the track).
Hey Sticky,

Sorry about not being able to dyno your car this week. We are just slammed with cars right now. We had a customer come in today and said, "wow, its like Mfest in here." We'll be in touch!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #235
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
Hey Sticky,

Sorry about not being able to dyno your car this week. We are just slammed with cars right now. We had a customer come in today and said, "wow, its like Mfest in here." We'll be in touch!
No worries, you have treated me well, no complaints. We will have it on the dyno with the new scoops in no time.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #236
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fool, back out now...men are speaking and you've no place here.

An improved oil cooler will reduce heat soak? Heat soak of what?...there is no intercooler...and more than enough air passes through the airbox (..."like on the track"..)for airbox heat to never be a factor....unless you want more of that "dyno" power from the scoops....

I surmise that you guys are fabricating a story about excessive heat to sell an upgraded oil-cooler...like the 335's. Funny how another part that is used on the 335 is now going to be applied to the M3...and more fanboy cheers from the Itchy/Scratchy duo. 230 degrees for oil is not hot...until you post data on the coolant temps, which have a far greater effect on performance (combustion-chamber cooling), then this is just more bullshit marketing hype and I'll call you out on it everytime.

Tell me, if heat is such a problem then did anyone change the coolant mix and add WaterWetter? That $10 bottle and a couple of gallons of distilled water do ABSOLUTE WONDERS for those who actually take their cars on the track.

So you are pitching a several-hundred-dollar (at least) oil-cooler to fix a problem, only experienced by the Itchy/Scratchy fanboys on the RPI dyno, that could very well be caused by installing a $100 set of scoops that, in essence, steal air from the radiator? Genius!!!!

You guys are shameless marketing fanboys who post bullshit data to sell products, that were never designed for the car, to those that don't know better. Your boss even said the V2 scoops do nothing on the M3, which I believe the bullshit dyno results are posted for on the first page are V2 scoops..right? And then the V3 scoops are supposed to be bigger, thereby blocking more of the radiator, and then you say the oil cooler is crap because it hits 230 on the dyno, without even knowing the coolant temps.....this is outrageous, disgusting, gorilla marketing.
You shoud be ashamed of yourselves and Eloy should tell you to STFU, as you are not doing him any favors by poisoning this thread, and his offerings, with your untruthful blaberings. You are fcuking liars!!! The dyno results are lies and your shamefull attempts to insinuate the factory oil-cooler is poor is another fcuking lie!!!

I will call you out on every BS statement you toss out and expose the fact that you know very little about cars.

230 is hot for oil ....lie to us again... I dare you...

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:32 PM   #237
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fool, back out now...men are speaking and you've no place here.

An improved oil cooler will reduce heat soak? Heat soak of what?...there is no intercooler...and more than enough air passes through the airbox (..."like on the track"..)for airbox heat to never be a factor....unless you want more of that "dyno" power from the scoops....

I surmise that you guys are fabricating a story about excessive heat to sell an upgraded oil-cooler...like the 335's. Funny how another part that is used on the 335 is now going to be applied to the M3...and more fanboy cheers from the Itchy/Scratchy duo. 230 degrees for oil is not hot...until you post data on the coolant temps, which have a far greater effect on performance (combustion-chamber cooling), then this is just more bullshit marketing hype and I'll call you out on it everytime.

Tell me, if heat is such a problem then did anyone change the coolant mix and add WaterWetter? That $10 bottle and a couple of gallons of distilled water do ABSOLUTE WONDERS for those who actually take their cars on the track.

So you are pitching a several-hundred-dollar (at least) oil-cooler to fix a problem, only experienced by the Itchy/Scratchy fanboys on the RPI dyno, that could very well be caused by installing a $100 set of scoops that, in essence, steal air from the radiator? Genius!!!!

You guys are shameless marketing fanboys who post bullshit data to sell products, that were never designed for the car, to those that don't know better. Your boss even said the V2 scoops do nothing on the M3, which I believe the bullshit dyno results are posted for on the first page are V2 scoops..right? And then the V3 scoops are supposed to be bigger, thereby blocking more of the radiator, and then you say the oil cooler is crap because it hits 230 on the dyno, without even knowing the coolant temps.....this is outrageous, disgusting, gorilla marketing.
You shoud be ashamed of yourselves and Eloy should tell you to STFU, as you are not doing him any favors by poisoning this thread, and his offerings, with your untruthful blaberings.

I will call you out on every BS statement you toss out and expose the fact that you know very little about cars.

230 is hot for oil ....lie to us again... I dare you...
Round of applause, he will be here all week folks.

I would love to spend the time to explain to you that heat soak does not correlate only with intercooled or forced induction cars and it applies to our motors as well. Unfortunately, you just are not intelligent enough to appreciate the effort I would have to put in to bring you into reality so I'll just pass. I'm not here to entertain you, your parents should get you an Xbox or something.

Don't get so worked up over there little guy, your parents might not let you trick or treat if you misbehave.

Instead of yelling and screaming at your monitor, spend some time doing research on these cars so you don't have to keep pulling things out of nowhere with nothing to back it up.

And one last thing, kindly stop with the me trying to sell things or working for RPI or having any correlation with RPI. I know Eloy works hard on his business and he deserves all the credit for the time and hard work he puts in for all of us developing products. It is a shame you take such a negative approach to his work ethic and insult everything he does. As we speak he is working his ass off finishing cars for enthusiasts like everyone here except you. You just seem to be interested in hating on everything and everyone. Give your nonsense a rest, your routine is old.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #238
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

this is good...
Quote:
I would love to spend the time to explain to you that heat soak does not correlate with intercoolers or forced induction and it applies to our motors as well. - little boy, please let me know how you can even bring up "heatsoak" when you don't know the coolant temps...more talking out of your fanboy ass...Unfortunately, you just are not intelligent enough to appreciate the effort I would have to put in to bring you into reality so I'll just pass.-you haven't the skill to do so...bowing out without trying...so typical of you, running when you're beat... I'm not here to entertain you, your parents should get you an Xbox or something.-and Daddy should buy you that Leapfrog you still desperately need...

Instead of yelling and screaming at your monitor-no yelling or screaming...just calling out a liar, you are a liar and tell lies. , spend some time doing research on these cars so you don't have to keep pulling things out of nowhere with nothing to back it up.

Research?... Does this back-up what I've been saying??? ...

FROM THE MAKER OF THE PRODUCT:

First we heard...

Quote:
We have consistently seen 8-13whp with V2
Then we heard...

Quote:
The V2 did almost nothing on the M3 (DJ).
So tell me, just how does that back-up your lies?

Quote:
And one last thing, kindly stop with the me trying to sell things or working for RPI or having any correlation with RPI.-one last thing?...little boy, you'll keep digging yourself into the hole deeper and deeper...as long as I want you too. And you certainly act, you and Tightie, like you work for RPI...like you're the web-marketing shit-spewers to the masses. I know Eloy works hard on his business and he deserves all the credit for the time and hard work he puts in for all of us developing products.I've never said otherwise...EVER... just that there have been contradictory statements regarding the "dyno" results from these scoops.
It is the Itchy/Scratchy hype with which I take issue.

It is a shame you take such a negative approach to his work ethic and insult everything he does.-Now, now, I never badmouthed his work ethic or insulted "everything" he does...just the obvious contradiction regarding the scoops' gains. As we speak he is working his ass off finishing cars for enthusiasts like everyone here except you. -And I'm sure he is just thrilled to have you fly the flag for him, doing him such great service by representing his company with such integrity and grace...You just seem to be interested in hating on everything and everyone.-just your lies and mindless rants...just you. Give your nonsense a rest, your routine is old.-hopefully you learn the lesson: keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you are discussing...Daddy missed that one, huh?

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:50 PM   #239
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
this is good...

So tell me, just how does that back-up your lies?
Wow, you need to rehash all over again? You are reaching that far? You just don't quit, even when nothing is on your side, we need to get you a hobby.

The V2 were not designed for the M3, what do you want? All I know, is with the V2 I notice a difference on the highway like everyone did. I know I am interested in getting the V3 as this gave me a taste of what scoops can provide at speed. I know the V2 made a difference in my pulls vs. friends. I know that you have NO hands on experience with ANY of this.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #240
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, you need to rehash all over again? You are reaching that far?
Yes, I'll reach that far...the whole week ago...for the truth.

Quote:
The V2 were not designed for the M3, what do you want? All I know, is with the V2 I notice a difference on the highway like everyone did. .
Everyone but the maker of the product...

Cheers to you and your imaginary "difference"

You are fun, though, and I must give you credit that you just don't quit...

I'm out...but lie again and we'll have more fun...

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #241
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I'll reach that far...the whole week ago...for the truth.

Everyone but the maker of the product...

Cheers to you and your imaginary "difference"

You are fun, though, and I must give you credit that you just don't quit...

I'm out...but lie again and we'll have more fun...
I noticed an imaginary difference with my chip and pulley as well. The dyno and the cars I ran against saw this imaginary difference as well. I love this imaginary fantasy land called reality that you have trouble dealing with

Take care! I'll have imaginary numbers from the drag strip tomorrow. I'm sure you will still be sitting there typing.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #242
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll have imaginary numbers from the drag strip tomorrow. I'm sure you will still be sitting there typing.
Actually, I'll be at Limerock Park with PDA..., first time back since the re-pave/upgrades.

Have a good day at the strip, make us proud...
Be good,
TomK

Appreciate 0