BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #199
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRules! View Post
Hey!! Kind words, thank you but nope, I am a friggin lazy bum.

(Troopers are members like BOOF and CSBM5, who are so unselfish and always available to help and guide. Their actions motivate me to help strangers and try to be humble. )

I am genuinely curious and in fact was planning to check with you and the updates you have made to yours, if any. Or, are you planning to leave it stock?

Think I told you that I drove a non-zcp stick last month at a place close to mine and loved the surge in power and connectivity it provided. That was in spite of the fact that the one of the back tires had low air. Was very impressed with that 58k mileage car that was not cared for that well. So, very eager to know your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks Derek.
During Thanksgiving week, I had an extensive amount of time with the car as I took vacation for the whole week.There were a few mountain cruises with friends throughout the week and I have to say, the stock suspension with EDC coded to ZCP exceeded my expectations for a stock car. I did the cruises in M drive mode (Sport plus Power, Sport Steering, Sport EDC , MDM) and the car was very posed on Highway 84 to Alice's restaurant here in California. On bumpier roads, I dropped the EDC down to normal and comfort to suit the roads.

In comparison to my old E46 ZHP sedan, the car is just better on almost every level modified zhp vs stock E90 M3. The brakes were better on the ZHP since I installed StopTech ST40s but I can't expect BMW stock brakes to be match the pedal feel I had in the E46. The M3 on the cruises felt just as stable as the ZHP while having the adjustability to be like a normal 3 series when driving on the freeway. I love this double-personality.

Rajan, I do want to keep the car relative stock by going the OEM+ route. Originally I thought it would be great to go with track-orientated wheels like Apex EC7 or TE37s but wandering around the ZCP threads, I can't help but come back to the ZCP wheels.

So here is my remainder of parts on the "To Buy" list:
-Swift Spec R Springs
-15mm/12mm F/R spacers
-Brake Fluid/SS Lines/Brake Pads (unsure what to get at the moment)
-ZCP Wheels on Michelin P4S or PSS

Since my last post, I did an OE exhaust mod for $300 as I watched some videos and was impressed with the noise and lack of drone from the mod. It is subtly louder in the interior with no droning while having a deeper tone on the outside. I also replaced the matte grilles with BMW performance gloss black grilles to match the shadowline trim.

Heres to you finding your unicorn!!
Appreciate 3
CSBM52847.00
BOOF-M34449.00
      12-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #200
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Quote:
Hey!! Kind words, thank you but nope, I am a friggin lazy bum.

(Troopers are members like BOOF and CSBM5, who are so unselfish and always available to help and guide. Their actions motivate me to help strangers and try to be humble. )

I am genuinely curious and in fact was planning to check with you and the updates you have made to yours, if any. Or, are you planning to leave it stock?

Think I told you that I drove a non-zcp stick last month at a place close to mine and loved the surge in power and connectivity it provided. That was in spite of the fact that the one of the back tires had low air. Was very impressed with that 58k mileage car that was not cared for that well. So, very eager to know your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks Derek.
During Thanksgiving week, I had an extensive amount of time with the car as I took vacation for the whole week.There were a few mountain cruises with friends throughout the week and I have to say, the stock suspension with EDC coded to ZCP exceeded my expectations for a stock car. I did the cruises in M drive mode (Sport plus Power, Sport Steering, Sport EDC , MDM) and the car was very posed on Highway 84 to Alice's restaurant here in California. On bumpier roads, I dropped the EDC down to normal and comfort to suit the roads.

In comparison to my old E46 ZHP sedan, the car is just better on almost every level modified zhp vs stock E90 M3. The brakes were better on the ZHP since I installed StopTech ST40s but I can't expect BMW stock brakes to be match the pedal feel I had in the E46. The M3 on the cruises felt just as stable as the ZHP while having the adjustability to be like a normal 3 series when driving on the freeway. I love this double-personality.

Rajan, I do want to keep the car relative stock by going the OEM+ route. Originally I thought it would be great to go with track-orientated wheels like Apex EC7 or TE37s but wandering around the ZCP threads, I can't help but come back to the ZCP wheels.

-Swift Spec R Springs
-15mm/12mm F/R spacers

Since my last post, I did an OE exhaust mod for $300 as I watched some videos and was impressed with the noise and lack of drone from the mod. It is subtly louder in the interior with no droning while having a deeper tone on the outside. I also replaced the matte grilles with BMW performance gloss black grilles to match the shadowline trim.

Hey Derbo, FlyingAce has a set of ZCP wheels with tires for sale. He's in San Fran, you guys should be able to work it out.
Appreciate 1
derbo3656.50
      12-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #201
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Hey Derbo, FlyingAce has a set of ZCP wheels with tires for sale. He's in San Fran, you guys should be able to work it out.
Crazy thing cause I was searching pics of ZCP wheels at non-ZCP height and his pics popped up. The pics look like they are about 2-3 blocks away from my parents.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #202
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Crazy thing cause I was searching pics of ZCP wheels at non-ZCP height and his pics popped up. The pics look like they are about 2-3 blocks away from my parents.
Yea I texted Ace, he said he reached out to you. Very cool.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #203
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3 IB 6MT (sold)

Quote:
Don't be!! I actually like reading such stories and how one ended up with their current drive.

I too have been reached out by a few, but regretfully none of their fine cars met all my five main requirements - 2011, low mileage, sedan, stick and zcp. Since I am not in a hurry, waiting it out. For now.

How has the car been so far?
She has been a blast to drive! i came from a civic si (WORLDS different i know) but man i now know how it feels to ENJOY driving. Its a beast il give you that as she eats up gas like no other but other than that no issues so far. Totally worth it.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #204
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 stick zcp [F30/zhp/E60]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrick23 View Post
She has been a blast to drive! i came from a civic si (WORLDS different i know) but man i now know how it feels to ENJOY driving. Its a beast il give you that as she eats up gas like no other but other than that no issues so far. Totally worth it.
Glad to read that you are enjoying it! It is a hoot, ain't it?

Congrats and hope you have a lot of fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #205
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

-Swift Spec R Springs
-15mm/12mm F/R spacers

Man.... that is so nice to read and useful to follow! Thanks for sharing the frank feedback on the wheels.

I just txted Mark that I am close to reaching my self imposed deadline of Dec 31 with this particular search, and so planning to follow your route of getting a non-zcp car and modding it as needed.

So, your feedback on the how the car feels is incredibly timely and helpful especially given the insane premium that zcp commands on the 2011 sedans.

It then struck me that if i drop the zcp, I can also relax the 2011 requirement and hence open to 2010 cars too. So...let's see what the next few weeks bode, and then my net would be wider.

Strangely, I seem to be putting off some thoughts that are now slowly taking root - I just finished reading a book by Jared Diamond called 'Collapse' (engrossing read btw), and some of his points on the extent of man's wants/pursuits struck a strong note. Disconcerting because I am now openly wondering whether my passion/lust for driving a stick shift automobile is truly worth it or necessary.

So, I promptly put away those thoughts.

For now....

thanks Derek!
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34449.00
derbo3656.50
      12-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #206
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Man.... that is so nice to read and useful to follow! Thanks for sharing the frank feedback on the wheels.

I just txted Mark that I am close to reaching my self imposed deadline of Dec 31 with this particular search, and so planning to follow your route of getting a non-zcp car and modding it as needed.

So, your feedback on the how the car feels is incredibly timely and helpful especially given the insane premium that zcp commands on the 2011 sedans.

It then struck me that if i drop the zcp, I can also relax the 2011 requirement and hence open to 2010 cars too. So...let's see what the next few weeks bode, and then my net would be wider.

Strangely, I seem to be putting off some thoughts that are now slowly taking root - I just finished reading a book by Jared Diamond called 'Collapse' (engrossing read btw), and some of his points on the extent of man's wants/pursuits struck a strong note. Disconcerting because I am now openly wondering whether my passion/lust for driving a stick shift automobile is truly worth it or necessary.

So, I promptly put away those thoughts.

For now....

thanks Derek!

Glad you can use my experiences to help guide you to finding your M3! If ZCP isn't a requirement anymore, 2009 is the official model year change for LCI sedans.

This is the list of changes during production so you can determine what production date (09/08 = sept. 2008 = 2009 model year) meets your requirements.

Quote:
—Chrome accents added to various interior trim pieces (9/08)
—E90 M3 sedan LCI introduced featuring revised taillight design with luminous strips and LED turn signals (9/08)
—Sparking Graphite metallic (A22) paint replaced by Space Grey metallic (A52) paint (9/08)
—Le Mans Blue metallic paint (381) introduced (9/08)
—Active headrests added to front seats (9/08)
—Optional iDrive upgraded to second-genration version with hard buttons (9/08)
—Revised climate control panel with integration of (optional) heated seat buttons (9/09)
—Automatic High-Beam Control introduced as an option in North America (9/09)
—E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible LCI introduced featuring revised LED taillight design (3/10)
—Competition Package (ZCP) introduced as an option for E90 M3 sedan and E92 M3 coupe (3/10)
—E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible available with Mineral White metallic (A96) paint (6/10)
—Automatic engine start/stop functionality introduced (9/10)
—Upgraded Bluetooth functionality including audio streaming introduced (9/10)
—18-inch Style 219M/260M alloy wheels receive bright silver finish in place of Ferric Grey finish (9/10)
—Manually-adjsutable front seats introduced on E90 M3 sedan and E92 M3 coupe in the USA only (9/10)
—Bi-color Novillo leather upholstery in two different combinations (Palladium Silver + Black or Fox Red + Black) offered for E90 M3 sedan and E92 M3 coupe in USA only (9/10)
http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=50
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj

Last edited by derbo; 12-05-2017 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #207
adunn
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP 6MT

Hey, new member and M3 owner here. It sounds like I had an identical experience to BimmerRules!. Nearly impossible to find the right E90 M3. After scouring the market, I finally acquiesced and bought one from Enthusiast Auto Group. Yeah, the prices are outrageous and sure, I have a little buyer's remorse. But I'm sure that'll subside once my car gets here in a couple weeks.

Other than the premium they charge, I have zero complaints with EAG. Their customer service is impeccable and they have been great to work with.

Anyways, good luck with the search. I'm curious to see what you end up with.

Cheers,
Adam
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #208
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adunn View Post
Hey, new member and M3 owner here. It sounds like I had an identical experience to BimmerRules!. Nearly impossible to find the right E90 M3. After scouring the market, I finally acquiesced and bought one from Enthusiast Auto Group. Yeah, the prices are outrageous and sure, I have a little buyer's remorse. But I'm sure that'll subside once my car gets here in a couple weeks.

Other than the premium they charge, I have zero complaints with EAG. Their customer service is impeccable and they have been great to work with.

Anyways, good luck with the search. I'm curious to see what you end up with.

Cheers,
Adam
Most likely a former members car. I can recall two going there. Welcome.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #209
adunn
Private
Rep

Thanks, glad to finally be a part of the community
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 05:39 PM   #210
Whit45
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i/'10 E92 M3/'13 Is

Is there still a car for sale in this thread?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #211
UPSROD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit45 View Post
It is a WTB thread!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #212
Whit45
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i/'10 E92 M3/'13 Is

10 foe'
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 11:46 PM   #213
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit45 View Post
lol. Thanks for making my day and my thread bro!

Still looking. If I end up getting one, well and good.

If not, still well and good because this has become my educational thread due to some awesome feedback by a few. The encouragement has been so positive that I am considering shedding the zcp requirement and but keep the other specs.

Let's see. My soft deadline is end of the year for the exact specs.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #214
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 6mt AW m2

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
I found my 6mt 2011.5 e90 non zcp, in 2015 after almost a whole year of searching. It had 37k miles on it when I bought it and now has 54k miles. I primarily bought it to have fun with and take road trips in. I feel like it loafs very well between 75 and 80 mph in 6th gear, and nice acceleration is only a downshift into 4th away. I do not need the comp package as I will probably never track it.
It's ride is a little rough, but it's a true sports sedan so I expected no less. This is no problem for me but sometimes passengers complain. I think the car is very comfy and I can do a three to four hour drive without stopping no problem, unless nature calls. The seats are super comfy and perfect for me and I'm ~6ft tall, with long arms and legs. The 6mt is slower than the dct, but the 6mt is quite fun once it's tailored to fit your needs. Mine is fully loaded, with NAV and moonroof, but I love my moonroof and use it. The NAV sucks balls even with the latest update, I end up using Wayz or Maps every time. I have a police detector (not jammer, that's illegal in Cali), just not wired into the car. I just wish my wife knew how to drive a manual. I think I should have gone with the dct for this reason. Other than that, it's a blast to drive, sounds great, looks timeless and its the last NA BMW engine. Mine is stock, and I enjoy the hell out of it. It is however, not my daily driver. I like having a separate car for work.

Last edited by srmast1; 12-15-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34449.00
      01-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #215
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
I found my 6mt 2011.5 e90 non zcp, in 2015 after almost a whole year of searching. It had 37k miles on it when I bought it and now has 54k miles. I primarily bought it to have fun with and take road trips in. I feel like it loafs very well between 75 and 80 mph in 6th gear, and nice acceleration is only a downshift into 4th away. I do not need the comp package as I will probably never track it.
It's ride is a little rough, but it's a true sports sedan so I expected no less. This is no problem for me but sometimes passengers complain. I think the car is very comfy and I can do a three to four hour drive without stopping no problem, unless nature calls. The seats are super comfy and perfect for me and I'm ~6ft tall, with long arms and legs. The 6mt is slower than the dct, but the 6mt is quite fun once it's tailored to fit your needs. Mine is fully loaded, with NAV and moonroof, but I love my moonroof and use it. The NAV sucks balls even with the latest update, I end up using Wayz or Maps every time. I have a police detector (not jammer, that's illegal in Cali), just not wired into the car. I just wish my wife knew how to drive a manual. I think I should have gone with the dct for this reason. Other than that, it's a blast to drive, sounds great, looks timeless and its the last NA BMW engine. Mine is stock, and I enjoy the hell out of it. It is however, not my daily driver. I like having a separate car for work.

Tbat's awesome feedback, thank you!

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of the country with limited connection to the net. Which I admit, was blissful.

Surprised that it took you nearly a year even in 2015 and that too for one without a comp pkg!

I am considering removing the comp pkg requirement but given your experience, I guess I better prepare for a longer wait.

But my need for a car is slowly increasing, and if I don't find any, I might quit this E90 M3 6mt pursuit and go with my distant second choice - E60 5 series. :|

Thanks again for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #216
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of the country with limited connection to the net. Which I admit, was blissful.

Surprised that it took you nearly a year even in 2015 and that too for one without a comp pkg!

I am considering removing the comp pkg requirement but given your experience, I guess I better prepare for a longer wait.

But my need for a car is slowly increasing, and if I don't find any, I might quit this E90 M3 6mt pursuit and go with my distant second choice - E60 5 series. :|

E60 M5 6MT are harder to find
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #217
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
E60 M5 6MT are harder to find
lol.

smart quip indeed.

For the record, I also keep searching for stick E60s and in my experience are far more difficult to find!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #218
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 6mt AW m2

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

No problem, the wait/search is just part of the fun!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #219
D1ESEL
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11.5 ZCP E90, GT3's

I may consider selling my car for the right price.

Jerez Black 2011 @ 24,9xx miles. It's a total stripper slick top car. I think the only options were Metallic paint and Comp Pack. I would need to be in the neighborhood of $47k on it.

I have MPE Exhaust, OE carbon mirrors, OE Carbon Splitters(not installed), OE Carbon spoiler, KW HAS, Macht Schnell X pipe, Active Tune, F10 M5 shifter.

I have acquired other parts but those would be sold separately as they were waiting to be installed in the spring.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #220
adunn
Private
Rep

That price seems very reasonsable given the mileage and how tight the current market is for E90 ZCP's. I'd say it might even be a few grand too low, if the mods suite a potential buyer's taste. Got any photos you're willing to post?
Appreciate 0