BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #45
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
When you say what people look for, are you talking about resale? I'd prefer to go with options that i'd enjoy, not necessarily what other people would after me.

So, you answered your own question. If you don't care about it in regards to resale, get the sunroof.

I'm telling you right now, you're going to regret going with the CF...if really do love having a sunroof.

My buddy did that years back with a 330Ci, always loved having a sunroof. What does he do? Orders the car without a roof (to save $) and ends up hating life for 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #46
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

You are correct. It is rather easy to misunderstand tone and intention over a forum.

Thanks for your input! The one thing that puzzles me is why some people refer to the 1m as a non-m car. I believe no one but BMW is entitled to label what an m car should be. The upcoming 1m will have m3 brakes, wheels/tires, suspension, chassis, wider track, etc, and an engine that has been proven for over 4 years, so I don't get the "lack of r
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #47
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Gotta love it when the iPhone app takes a crap and chews up half the post lol I'll edit when I get home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
You are correct. It is rather easy to misunderstand tone and intention over a forum.

Thanks for your input! The one thing that puzzles me is why some people refer to the 1m as a non-m car. I believe no one but BMW is entitled to label what an m car should be. The upcoming 1m will have m3 brakes, wheels/tires, suspension, chassis, wider track, etc, and an engine that has been proven for over 4 years, so I don't get the "lack of r
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #48
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Since earlier today I attempted to submit a reply and the iPhone app decided to swallow half of the post, here is what I intended to post:

Thanks for your input! The one thing that puzzles me is why some people refer to the 1m as a non-m car. I believe no one but BMW is entitled to label what an m car should be. The upcoming 1m will have m3 brakes, wheels/tires, suspension, chassis, wider track, etc, and an engine that has been proven for over 4 years, so I don't get the "lack of r&d" that some people claim. Could it be that the engine has been shared across multiple platforms? I sure hope it's not the fact that it is force inducted, since the new generation of M3's is speculated to lose its NA pedigree.

Anyhow, in my book, both cars rank highly, and I am certain that either one would do a great job at maintaining a grin on my face. I think I'll go take another e92 M3 for a spin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
All web flexing aside, i must say that I respect Brosef as a forum user, and it is clear there was a misunderstanding here. Please understand that TONE is very easy to misinterpret online.

All that said, I must say that I LOVE the 1M and I would seriously consider a 1M instead of my pending M3. I don't care that it's not a true M car. It's going to be an awesome car on the track. That being said, I LOVE my M3. The motor, the exhaust note, the aggressive stance, etc...

You really can't go wrong with either car. Pick the one YOU like. As for options, I must have ZCP (Why my old car is in the arms of another), NAV, DSC, CF roof and CF leather. I also opted for 6NR because for a DD, I think more tech is cool. Others may disagree.

For a track car, I'd go the exact opposite.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #49
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
EDIT: In no way is this thread intended to cause any 1-series/M3 controversy. Apparently not everyone who has read my thread has been able to properly interpret its purpose, leading to some of the irrelevant comments to follow. Please stick to the subject and don't make this about which car is better. Obviously if I thought my 1-series to be better than an e92 M3, why on earth would I be considering a trade? Let's use some common sense people!

All,

I currently drive a 2011 135i which I love, however, when I heard of the 1M being released, I immediately went to the dealer and got myself on the list for one. Due to how rare the car is and the high demand, at this point I am not even sure that I will even be seeing the car before the year ends. Keeping this in mind, I have decided that I may opt for an 09+ e92 M3 instead.

Now this is not a 1M vs. M3 thread, instead, it's a thread to learn what the most popular (must have) options are, and also what I should be looking to spend on, say, an 09 M3. I'm not really looking to buy new at the moment, so a low mileage, CPO'd 09/10 will do for me.

Whichever route I go, I will be trading in my 135i since I do not want/need 2 cars; so, I need some good knowledge and negotiation power since I'm going to be dealing with a dealer.

Thanks!
My recommendations would be to check the Internet for a good yearend deal on an M3 (the colour and options you are looking for if possible). I find in doing so one can safe a pocket full of money.

A brand new car is nice, however, the BMW as you know is build for the Autobahn and high speeds. Speeds that we here in North America hardly ever
get to (unless no one is looking ).

Sometimes the options are fine, I find a basic car is all one needs. By that I mean one does not necessarily need the iDrive or the Navigation.

Good luck I hope you find what you need.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #50
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
My recommendations would be to check the Internet for a good yearend deal on an M3 (the colour and options you are looking for if possible). I find in doing so one can safe a pocket full of money.

A brand new car is nice, however, the BMW as you know is build for the Autobahn and high speeds. Speeds that we here in North America hardly ever
get to (unless no one is looking ).

Sometimes the options are fine, I find a basic car is all one needs. By that I mean one does not necessarily need the iDrive or the Navigation.

Good luck I hope you find what you need.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter
Great advice, thanks! So do BMW dealers tend to have year-end deals on M3's? Better yet, do they offer incentives in, say, a new 2010 that's never been titled? I wonder if any are still around!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #51
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

I don't think a sun roof is a big deal either way. You won't notice the weight difference. On the same token, you'll get shit for having one. Not sure why anybody really needs one anyway, just roll down the windows. I like the enclosed cabin feel better
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #52
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflukeiii View Post
I don't think a sun roof is a big deal either way. You won't notice the weight difference. On the same token, you'll get shit for having one. Not sure why anybody really needs one anyway, just roll down the windows. I like the enclosed cabin feel better
You know, I'm in love with the CF roof on the M3's that have it. So far, most hardtop cars I've owned have had sunroofs, but I am willing to compromise for function and style. It makes me wonder, are they more susceptible to debris/bird crap/etc than a painted aluminum roof/sunroof?

The only CPOed 09 which contains every package I want near me has a sunroof which is the sole reason for which I have not considered it for myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #53
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
You know, I'm in love with the CF roof on the M3's that have it. So far, most hardtop cars I've owned have had sunroofs, but I am willing to compromise for function and style. It makes me wonder, are they more susceptible to debris/bird crap/etc than a painted aluminum roof/sunroof?

The only CPOed 09 which contains every package I want near me has a sunroof which is the sole reason for which I have not considered it for myself.
In terms of cleanliness, the rest of my black car gets much dirtier much quicker than the roof. The carbon fiber doesn't seem to show dust as much. As for debris hitting and whatnot, I'm not sure, I don't have a mark on it.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0