BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Splooge911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wallenius Wilhelmsen search question

I already did a search for this and can't find the answer

when you go to Wallenius Wilhelmsen website to search (http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp) it gives you options to search using booking number, Bill of Lading number, Cargo ID number or Customer Referance number. Which option do you use for searching your car and is it your VIN number or production order ID number when searching?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splooge911 View Post

when you go to Wallenius Wilhelmsen website to search (http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp) it gives you options to search using booking number, Bill of Lading number, Cargo ID number or Customer Referance number. Which option do you use for searching your car and is it your VIN number or production order ID number when searching?

thanks
Should be VIN.

Were you specifically told a WW ship name? Reason I ask...they use K-Line as well (mine came over on one of theirs).

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

Quote:

thanks
VIN goes in cargo ID.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Splooge911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
Should be VIN.

Were you specifically told a WW ship name? Reason I ask...they use K-Line as well (mine came over on one of theirs).
No, I just assumed east coat was WW from what I have been reading. But you know what they say when you assume...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
No, I just assumed east coat was WW from what I have been reading. But you know what they say when you assume...
Yeah...mine was onboard a K-Line ship (Aegean Highway)...went to Baltimore...then to Brunswick, GA.
I got my ship name from my client advisor. Yours should be able to provide you with yours as well, once it is assigned. The 800# died at the "at port awaiting a shipping vessel" stage. Matter of fact...it still says that.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
Yeah...mine was onboard a K-Line ship (Aegean Highway)...went to Baltimore...then to Brunswick, GA.
I got my ship name from my client advisor. Yours should be able to provide you with yours as well, once it is assigned. The 800# died at the "at port awaiting a shipping vessel" stage. Matter of fact...it still says that.
Ditto on what Nelrock is saying. My car also came over on a K Line boat, the Bosporus Highway. Get the ship name from your CA though it sounds liek your CA is less than helpful sometimes... Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Just a heads up, but the WW website sucks. It never showed my car in the search results, even though my CA told me I was on their boat, Patriot.