BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

11-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Wanna drive in P1 GT Group?

For the real pilots around here who are interested in joining a professional team this might be of interest to you: www.p1groupe.com
      11-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
03SG///M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

I wish... If only i had the funds. I raced with Von Moltke in the regional Skip Barber racing series. Good to see him racing in Grand-Am.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
M3V8Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

I received the info from P1 Group via Linked-In, and have inquired about what all they can do. I am working on a packet to obtain sponsor funding, but have doubt it will amount to anything in this economy. I'm also looking into running an RX-8 in the ST class (much less expensive). We'll see. I can dream, can't I?
      11-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
I received the info from P1 Group via Linked-In, and have inquired about what all they can do. I am working on a packet to obtain sponsor funding, but have doubt it will amount to anything in this economy. I'm also looking into running an RX-8 in the ST class (much less expensive). We'll see. I can dream, can't I?

If you want it bad enough - - you'll 'make it happen'
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
M3V8Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
If you want it bad enough - - you'll 'make it happen'
Nothing would make me happier in life than to race for a living, but you've probably heard the old saying; "If you want to make a million dollars in racing, you gotta spend two million"

When I was racing, I had enough sponsor funds coming in to at least make it pay for itself (still had to hold a full-time job though). That all went by the wayside two years ago. Between that and having a baby, I gave it up. But now my baby is 2.2 years old and has expressed an interest in cars (rare for a girl), which makes me very happy and proud. I hope in a couple years when all her friends are taking ballet lessons, she'll be learning to race karts!

I don't have to make a killing either, just the equivalent of what I'm making at my day job plus travel expenses.

We'll see what happens. I will be busy int he next few months sending out my "Partner" proposals. Hmmm, I wonder if this forum could be a partner
      11-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Nothing would make me happier in life than to race for a living, but you've probably heard the old saying; "If you want to make a million dollars in racing, you gotta spend two million"

When I was racing, I had enough sponsor funds coming in to at least make it pay for itself (still had to hold a full-time job though). That all went by the wayside two years ago. Between that and having a baby, I gave it up. But now my baby is 2.2 years old and has expressed an interest in cars (rare for a girl), which makes me very happy and proud. I hope in a couple years when all her friends are taking ballet lessons, she'll be learning to race karts!

I don't have to make a killing either, just the equivalent of what I'm making at my day job plus travel expenses.

We'll see what happens. I will be busy int he next few months sending out my "Partner" proposals. Hmmm, I wonder if this forum could be a partner
Dale, I totally hear you and hope that you will be able to achieve your dreams. And remember our long term goal: enter a car in "Les 24 Heures du Mans"!!
      11-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
SCCAForums.com
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race Cars

Quote:
A saying my largest sponsor always told me was similar...

'Wanna know how to make a small fortune racing?'

'Start with a big one!'

LOL... Good Times! Racing is fun... but I don't recommend going the road racing route if you don't have a disposable income.

Peace,
Dave
2008 Lexus IS-F (Sold) 12.5 @ 113 / 2008 Shelby GT500 (Sold) 11.3 @ 126
2008 e90 M3 6MT 12.8 @ 111 (Sold) / 2006 e60 M5 12.4 @ 114 (Sold)
Appreciate 0