BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-14-2008, 06:01 AM   #1
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Boomerang Tracking System finds your stolen car!

Have any of you guys ever heard of the Boomerang Tracking System?

It's basically a device that is placed in a secret location in your car (not even the owner knows where it is) and if your car is stolen, the monitoring station locates your car and notifies the police.

It's been marketed here in Canada for quite some time and I'm considering it for my car.

Here is my question though:

If your car was stolen, would you want it back or would you want the insurance to just pay up and get a new one or something else?

http://www.boomerangtracking.com
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
apexi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 M3Cab

All I know is that this feature came included with the car. I think it was stolen vehicle tracking, remote unlock of doors, etc...kinda like onstar.

E93 M3 Cab
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Have any of you guys ever heard of the Boomerang Tracking System?

It's basically a device that is placed in a secret location in your car (not even the owner knows where it is) and if your car is stolen, the monitoring station locates your car and notifies the police.

It's been marketed here in Canada for quite some time and I'm considering it for my car.

Here is my question though:

If your car was stolen, would you want it back or would you want the insurance to just pay up and get a new one or something else?

http://www.boomerangtracking.com

There is a similar (of identical) system marketed in the States as LoJack. There are a couple of versions. The basic LoJack is similar in function to BMW Assist. It allows law enforcent to locate the car if it has been reported stolen. LoJack Early Warning is a bit more sophisticated. If the car is moved without the LoJAck key fob inside it will text message and/or email you. I was told that there is a new version coming out that will let you track the location of the car yourself from a computer connected to the Internet.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

cool!
Appreciate 0