BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-03-2024, 09:53 PM   #111
rGTIedge
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3, Mk7 GTI

@Abdul where them dyno graphs at?
Appreciate 1
a5m793.00
      06-01-2024, 11:41 AM   #112
megamanu
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

@Abdul I would like to see some dyno graphs with the plenum installed. Does it really increase whp?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2024, 03:16 PM   #113
rGTIedge
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanu View Post
@Abdul I would like to see some dyno graphs with the plenum installed. Does it really increase whp?
They have videos of them running the plenum ON a dyno, but they won’t release any graphs or numbers. Shady to me. Also, I don’t think they don’t exist. I was told 6-8 weeks initially, going on 11 now. Apparently they stopped making them so they could make new molds or something. I should have cancelled my order weeks ago, and I’m still not sure why I haven’t.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2024, 06:31 PM   #114
megamanu
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rGTIedge View Post
They have videos of them running the plenum ON a dyno, but they won’t release any graphs or numbers. Shady to me. Also, I don’t think they don’t exist. I was told 6-8 weeks initially, going on 11 now. Apparently they stopped making them so they could make new molds or something. I should have cancelled my order weeks ago, and I’m still not sure why I haven’t.
So sorry to hear that. I hope your receive your plenum soon! Initially, they told us that they were installing a Dyno, that's why they were not showing any graphs, but that was 4 months ago....
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2024, 08:33 PM   #115
rGTIedge
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanu View Post
So sorry to hear that. I hope your receive your plenum soon! Initially, they told us that they were installing a Dyno, that's why they were not showing any graphs, but that was 4 months ago....
It is what it is. I want(ed) to support a small US company. Regarding the dyno numbers, their IG video is the car on the dyno, and I asked there where the numbers/graph was, and they said they’re coming. I don’t know why they would be withholding dyno numbers unless the plenum lost a bunch of power or something…
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 09:15 AM   #116
kolosy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: over potholes

after all the chest beating about how "this time it's different :tm:" seems to be back to square one. sorry for the community, but nice to see that over the top claims continue to be a good indicator of future shady behavior.

I think I have an M3 problem.
Appreciate 2
tdott4036.00
M3SQRD3387.00
      06-03-2024, 10:13 AM   #117
rGTIedge
Private
Rep

I feel like I should also mention that several weeks ago, the owner, Peter Partee, personally emailed me about the delays, apologizing and offering a refund. It's not fair for me call them "shady". He also explained the situation, regarding the need for them to CNC a new/additional mold, of which he also sent pictures. I checked an IG post of theirs from last week, and on a comment regarding dyno numbers:

"We have it and are ready to post, but want to chase down some really intriguing AIT [IAT?] data and confirm it. The results were surprising-in a good, but totally unexpected way!"
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 12:24 PM   #118
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rGTIedge View Post
I feel like I should also mention that several weeks ago, the owner, Peter Partee, personally emailed me about the delays, apologizing and offering a refund. It's not fair for me call them "shady". He also explained the situation, regarding the need for them to CNC a new/additional mold, of which he also sent pictures. I checked an IG post of theirs from last week, and on a comment regarding dyno numbers:

"We have it and are ready to post, but want to chase down some really intriguing AIT [IAT?] data and confirm it. The results were surprising-in a good, but totally unexpected way!"
A new machined mold after only making 5-6 CF plenums doesn’t make sense. If it is true and their one-piece design requires a new mold every 1/2 dozen or so they’ll have to raise the cost.

IAT is measured before the plenum so trying to understand how IAT are reduced compared to stock IAT? What was the ambient temperature when they did the dyno runs?

Did the use the stock airbox and filter, and the stock air intake elbow on the dyno runs?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 12:48 PM   #119
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Failure after failures, let us know when something changes.

Until then it's all fluff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post

You'd think all of that would be done before declaring:
“we believe that this is the best Carbon Fiber Plenum on the market”.

Until there are some results, customer reviews, etc, etc, people have a right to remain skeptical given the companies poor history.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2024, 01:12 PM   #120
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
A new machined mold after only making 5-6 CF plenums doesn’t make sense. If it is true and their one-piece design requires a new mold every 1/2 dozen or so they’ll have to raise the cost.

IAT is measured before the plenum so trying to understand how IAT are reduced compared to stock IAT? What was the ambient temperature when they did the dyno runs?

Did the use the stock airbox and filter, and the stock air intake elbow on the dyno runs?
i think the original mold made by the other "aircraft manufacture contract who ever the fuck they were" was made from fiberglass. which would require re-tooling after a few examples were made.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 01:38 PM   #121
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
i think the original mold made by the other "aircraft manufacture contract who ever the fuck they were" was made from fiberglass. which would require re-tooling after a few examples were made.
Partee made their own mold to create a one-piece (monoblock) design which did not reused any of the design from the original aerospace company. However, a mold should last into the 100s of plenums before a new mold is potentially needed. After only six or so full CF or CF w/ window plenums manufactured and a new mold needed is not good or perhaps they are adjusting the design based on simplifying manufacture or they’ve found a design/performance issue of the first version. Having to create molds after manufacturing six or so plenums will increase manufacturing down time, cost of frequently needing new molds and increasing the time and cost to manufacture and deliver completed plenums to customers. I hope it’s only a one time issue requiring new molds and the new molds can last for curing 75-100 or more plenums.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 01:39 PM   #122
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

I would take any dyno numbers/videos with a grain of salt. It is easy to trick a dyno to give you different (higher) readings even on back to back runs, not by much, but even a small HP bump is enough for manufacturer to claim there is a gain.

Best if someone who bought one to do independent test.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 04:12 PM   #123
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Partee made their own mold to create a one-piece (monoblock) design which did not reused any of the design from the original aerospace company. However, a mold should last into the 100s of plenums before a new mold is potentially needed. After only six or so full CF or CF w/ window plenums manufactured and a new mold needed is not good or perhaps they are adjusting the design based on simplifying manufacture or they’ve found a design/performance issue of the first version. Having to create molds after manufacturing six or so plenums will increase manufacturing down time, cost of frequently needing new molds and increasing the time and cost to manufacture and deliver completed plenums to customers. I hope it’s only a one time issue requiring new molds and the new molds can last for curing 75-100 or more plenums.
i think if i recall, they had issues with the way the "window" mold was form.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 04:22 PM   #124
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
It's kind of interesting. A few months back someone asked about the company and plenum. This is what I said then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes RS M2 View Post
Hard to tell what happened. Do we all trust this guy again?
My personal opinion, no. I've read a lot of words, not as much action yet.
Once more products get released and more people buy them, I'll be more inclined.
Drama is drama so it's hard to read between the lines at this moment.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 04:51 PM   #125
rGTIedge
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoch View Post
It's kind of interesting. A few months back someone asked about the company and plenum. This is what I said then.

My personal opinion, no. I've read a lot of words, not as much action yet.
Once more products get released and more people buy them, I'll be more inclined.
Drama is drama so it's hard to read between the lines at this moment.
I’m not sure what his connection this product is. Partee Racing is the manufacturer. Also, FWIW, I ordered a solid carbon fiber one, so one would assume any associated issues with the Lexan one wouldn’t affect the solid. but alas, here we are… I was told a few weeks ago that all existing orders up to that time will be completed by the end of June.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 05:43 PM   #126
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
i think if i recall, they had issues with the way the "window" mold was form.
I haven’t followed the Lexan window version but the first two that were manufactured with their new window mold. I can see the Lexan version requiring more work (iterations on getting the bonding process correct) than the full CF version.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2024, 05:57 PM   #127
e92dud
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

I don’t know what the first mold was made out of, but the new one is billet aluminum, the first one looked like some kind of poly or foam. I’m sure the new one will last indefinitely. Not sure why they didn’t start with the aluminum. Seems like they could have taken some pointers from the dozens of other carbon manufactures for advice on molds before starting imho.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2024, 08:53 AM   #128
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92dud View Post
I don’t know what the first mold was made out of, but the new one is billet aluminum, the first one looked like some kind of poly or foam. I’m sure the new one will last indefinitely. Not sure why they didn’t start with the aluminum. Seems like they could have taken some pointers from the dozens of other carbon manufactures for advice on molds before starting imho.
Molds are typically CNC’ed from different forms of plastic. Aluminum molds are heavy which makes combing the upper and lower molds together and transfer to the autoclave. Most plenum manufacturers use a form of plastic. Aluminum has a much higher CTE which makes getting the tooling dimensions correct.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2024, 08:57 AM   #129
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
I would take any dyno numbers/videos with a grain of salt. It is easy to trick a dyno to give you different (higher) readings even on back to back runs, not by much, but even a small HP bump is enough for manufacturer to claim there is a gain.

Best if someone who bought one to do independent test.
The first customer to receive the full carbon version was going to get his car dyno’ed stock and with CF plenum as well as get a custom tune to extract the full potential of the plenum. So far all he has reported is it sounds great.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 08:30 PM   #130
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Abdul any news on the billet valve covers? No communication for several months.
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 09:19 PM   #131
KuRT.exe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidetailing View Post
Abdul any news on the billet valve covers? No communication for several months.
Have you looked at the VTT ones? I just got them they look great.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 11:39 PM   #132
christoepurrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Images of the billet molds attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DRLane4058.50