BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

09-29-2023, 09:58 AM   #1
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

FS: thread closed by seller, mods can delete completely

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Post marked as sold due to non intentional incorrect representation of the item listed. Thanks to the forum for pointing out my mistake from being mislead myself. A new thread will be posted with accurate information.

This is the best part of buying/selling on this forum, we all self police each other. Thanks guys!!

Attached Images

Last edited by turbotko; 10-01-2023 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Price won’t stay in the add header. Forum bug.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 04:37 PM   #2
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

looks more like a macht schnell x pipe
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 12:12 PM   #3
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
looks more like a macht schnell x pipe
Ok thanks for the insight.

Let me be clear I’m definitely not wanting to mislead or cheat anyone on this forum or any other place. This midpipe was on my E92 M3 when I purchased it. There was a Gintani race axle back on the car behind the midpipe and a Gintani tune, I had Gintani confirm the tune by VIN number a few months back mainly just so I knew what was actually in the DME. I was told the entire exhaust and tune were all purchased at the same time from Gintani by the previous owner. That said I have no receipts or proof that it’s actually an authentic Gintani midpipe. Maybe a few other forum members can help us out with honest information or possible identification of the piece.

All that mouthful is to say I’m pretty certain it’s authentic but if it isn’t then it isn’t plain and simple.

I’ll take reasonable offers for it at this time. Low ball offers of course will not be entertained as I’d rather find a way to keep it for my next M3 than give it away.

Thanks guys and gals,
Trace
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 06:04 PM   #4
E90._M3
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

what size is the pipe diameter?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 12:34 AM   #5
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=E90._M3;30532889]what size is the pipe diameter?[/

Looks like 2.5” OD through out the entire midpipe including all bends which is of course expected of any decent high end mandrel bent exhaust these days. I was sold a car with a complete Gintani setup on it and there was zero doubt the axle back was authentic. However maybe I was taken for a ride on the midpipe.

At any rate, as mentioned I do not want to cheat anyone in the community, never have never will. Being a BMW master tech for over 20 years I’ve heard my share of E9X M3’s with all sorts of combos, none of them sounded like this car so I never questioned it. Even after trying multiple different axle backs until I found one that didn’t shake the neighbors walls, they all sounded distinctly different than any other S65 M3 I’d heard. I always just figured it was the Gintani midpipe.

I’d take $800 for the midpipe, otherwise I’ll find a way to keep it for when the next perfect E92 M3 comes around to replace the one I lost.

Thanks everyone
Attached Images

Last edited by turbotko; 10-01-2023 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 02:15 AM   #6
spammysammich
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
I always thought the Gintani was a forward X layout. Definitely looks more like the Macht Schnell images on various retail sites. GLWS either way, they seem nicely made for a catless setup.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 04:15 AM   #7
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
I always thought the Gintani was a forward X layout. Definitely looks more like the Macht Schnell images on various retail sites. GLWS either way, they seem nicely made for a catless setup.
Yep I believe I’d have to agree on it looking most like the Macht snell pipe. I feel cross eyed I’ve looked at so many pictures of midpipes now. It’s definitely high quality but most are these days at least visually with the welds and bends. It does fit perfectly also.

I’ll have to stay at $800 shipped in the US with all clamps, gaskets, bolts etc. I always have loved working on cars in Georgia due to absolute lack of corrosion, also helps used exhaust parts stay like brand new too. PM me, it’s already boxed up for either shipping or moving with me.
      10-01-2023, 07:03 AM   #8
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

This is NOT a Gintani xpipe, 100%.
There are only 4 forward xpipe designs... ESS, Gontani, MRF, Bimmerworld. The design is TOTALLY different as the pipe in this pic has the x in the oem position (by the exhaust support holes). This is a Macht Scnhell pipe... from the picture posted,, you can clearly see its not even close.

Please change the thread heading
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 02:47 PM   #9
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep

In my experience this is where most sellers get defensive and the entire thing turns into a classic forum $@!?show. However I’m in total agreement, it is not a Gintani midpipe meaning I was given incorrect info when I bought the car, at least the axle back was authentic. I’m taking the add down and will repost it as a Macht Snell pipe for sell. Otherwise it’s just click bait. Thanks again Forum members for keeping someone else from being cheated.
DRLane4058.50