BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-25-2022, 10:36 PM   #947
kd7iwp
Rep
Drives: 2009 E61 535i, 2001 E46 325i

Like it does it all hours, or just within the last 30 min after using the car? Sounds like it isn’t going to sleep.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 10:55 PM   #948
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphc View Post
I'm starting to get really annoyed with my unit.
It keeps waking up and connecting to my phone when I'm at home. Really annoying as it often hijacks me mid-call.

I thought this was because i leave my car unlocked but have been mindfull to lock my car all the time and it still wakes up and connects.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour? Is there anyway to code the car to stop it waking up when locked?
I honestly haven't had this happen once with the old unit or with the new DSP unit. Car is parked in the garage, and is always locked. House is a starter house, its not big.

Thinking through the issue, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a mr12volt bug, but the quirk is coming from the bmw side more than the mr12volt side.

What I'm suspecting is happening happening here, is for some reason, your car is waking up while inactive and in the process, the mr12volt wakes up.

When I bought my car in 2015, I had the integration level updated for the car. For folks that don't know, bmw dealers don't usually update individual modules for the car. Instead they upgrade the integration level, which is a collection of minimum firmware versions for each module in the car.

Basically, if you get the latest integration level for the car, every module will have the newest firmware installed on it. Practical example for the e9x m3 folks, get the newest integration level, and your DME will be guaranteed 241E + .

The reason why this matters, is these upgrades can fix any amount of bugs in the car, one of which could easily be, "module x wakes when not supposed to".

There's a large number of cars rolling around on the factory software never upgraded- mine was one.

The other thing to consider, a 1.35i might have a unique issue with the P2000 that the e9x m3 doesn't have.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 01:22 AM   #949
Raphc
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7iwp View Post
Like it does it all hours, or just within the last 30 min after using the car? Sounds like it isn’t going to sleep.
Its very random. Can happen even if the car has been locked and undisturbed the whole day

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
I honestly haven't had this happen once with the old unit or with the new DSP unit. Car is parked in the garage, and is always locked. House is a starter house, its not big.

Thinking through the issue, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a mr12volt bug, but the quirk is coming from the bmw side more than the mr12volt side.

What I'm suspecting is happening happening here, is for some reason, your car is waking up while inactive and in the process, the mr12volt wakes up.

When I bought my car in 2015, I had the integration level updated for the car. For folks that don't know, bmw dealers don't usually update individual modules for the car. Instead they upgrade the integration level, which is a collection of minimum firmware versions for each module in the car.

Basically, if you get the latest integration level for the car, every module will have the newest firmware installed on it. Practical example for the e9x m3 folks, get the newest integration level, and your DME will be guaranteed 241E + .

The reason why this matters, is these upgrades can fix any amount of bugs in the car, one of which could easily be, "module x wakes when not supposed to".

There's a large number of cars rolling around on the factory software never upgraded- mine was one.

The other thing to consider, a 1.35i might have a unique issue with the P2000 that the e9x m3 doesn't have.

This is a good working theory. Thanks for suggesting.
When I first bought the car, I downloaded all the usual BMW tools and had a poke around. From memory it was all factory version firmware.
Since then I upgraded my iDrive from business to pro which could be one of the issues too.
I looked into firmware upgrades but an ICOM is requried, which isnt easy or cheap to find.

How much did the BMW dealership charge you for the upgraded integration level?
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2022, 10:00 AM   #950
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphc View Post
Its very random. Can happen even if the car has been locked and undisturbed the whole day

This is a good working theory. Thanks for suggesting.
When I first bought the car, I downloaded all the usual BMW tools and had a poke around. From memory it was all factory version firmware.
Since then I upgraded my iDrive from business to pro which could be one of the issues too.
I looked into firmware upgrades but an ICOM is requried, which isnt easy or cheap to find.

How much did the BMW dealership charge you for the upgraded integration level?
I had it done under the factory warranty. Paid nothing.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 05:20 AM   #951
JOJO82
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Probably a really long shot but does anybody know if there is any adapter that can be used for a CCC system to use the CIC higher resolution screen?

Or is there any aftermarket higher resolution screen that is plug and play? Would really love for the MR12volt on a higher resolution screen.

Not interested in a CIC swap.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:06 AM   #952
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO82 View Post
Probably a really long shot but does anybody know if there is any adapter that can be used for a CCC system to use the CIC higher resolution screen?

Or is there any aftermarket higher resolution screen that is plug and play? Would really love for the MR12volt on a higher resolution screen.

No- because even you could connect it, the CCC system needs to know to output in a higher resolution or know to upscale its image. No function like that exists.

Then on the mr12volt side- the CCC unit and CIC units are different connection wise- you cant make the CCC unit output in high res mode- its not configurable.

CIC unit gets power/coms from canbus from the idrive controller connection- CCC unit is a quadlock connection.

If you want the high res screen with mr12volt, a CIC retrofit is your only option. Not sure why you wouldn't want this. The CCC system is shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 07:17 PM   #953
kd7iwp
Rep
Drives: 2009 E61 535i, 2001 E46 325i

Quote:

I’ve talked with others on 5series.net who got similar MMI systems for CCC and the lower resolution screen didn’t seem to be an issue for them when they were using CarPlay. In my opinion CIC swap isn’t worth it unless you get a fantastic deal. I got mine for $450 CAD on Craigslist so did it. I spend all my time in CarPlay so the only real benefit to me is the higher resolution. I don’t use any of the built-in functionality other than the HD radio I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:45 PM   #954
JOJO82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7iwp View Post
I’ve talked with others on 5series.net who got similar MMI systems for CCC and the lower resolution screen didn’t seem to be an issue for them when they were using CarPlay. In my opinion CIC swap isn’t worth it unless you get a fantastic deal. I got mine for $450 CAD on Craigslist so did it. I spend all my time in CarPlay so the only real benefit to me is the higher resolution. I don’t use any of the built-in functionality other than the HD radio I suppose.
Totally agree here, the CIC swap isn't worth it. I spend most of the time using the radio or android auto when using the P2000, resolution isn't that bad but thought would be nice to have a higher resolution screen.

I noticed that Bimmertech sell vivid screen, wonder if that can be used as a monitor only or if there is something else they use to make it work with the factory CCC.

Have asked them the question but don't think they understand.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:46 PM   #955
JOJO82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
No- because even you could connect it, the CCC system needs to know to output in a higher resolution or know to upscale its image. No function like that exists.

Then on the mr12volt side- the CCC unit and CIC units are different connection wise- you cant make the CCC unit output in high res mode- its not configurable.

CIC unit gets power/coms from canbus from the idrive controller connection- CCC unit is a quadlock connection.

If you want the high res screen with mr12volt, a CIC retrofit is your only option. Not sure why you wouldn't want this. The CCC system is shit

Because in Australia the prices for the bits required is ridiculously over priced so it's not worth doing.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #956
Jbpoore
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbpoore View Post
I have been text with MR12volt and he/they are monitoring this thread. They are sending another unit. I hope to have it by this weekend. I am not aware that the wiring on the 335is is any different, it would not make since for it to be. Just had a few extra factory performance parts. They did not make that many seems like that would have been too expensive for BMW to do. Same wiring.
Status update. Mr12volt sent me an entire new kit. I uninstalled the complete original kit and put it back in the box. Next I installed the new P2000 and reconnected everything. I did not use any of the same wiring. I removed the I-drive controller before I connected to the P2000 harness, this time I hear an audible click (Hurray the sound I was waiting for). Now I am super excited and put everything back together 100%. I was sure it was going to work. Sadly, still no scroll. Maybe you are not suppose to be able to rotate the dial to choose selection? The up and down on the knob lets me go through the options on the menu sorta of. Secondly the week while the old system was in my son told me that it would randomly stop working like it was losing power than come right back on. I experienced that again 1st hand after I installed the new unit. I did not see where I was suppose to wrap any connection with electrical tape. Seems like it randomly loses power. This happened with the car in the garage sitting still and not running so no vibration. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I am almost ready to uninstall and send them both back and try a different brand.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:19 PM   #957
fdrxseven
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335, F02 740LI

Quote:
Because in Australia the prices for the bits required is ridiculously over priced so it's not worth doing.
I had been staying in Australia before for 4 years and understood automotive parts are ridiculously expensive. but i thought getting one cic complete set off ebay would cost 300-400USD (US stock item), and shipping say 50USD, still a good deal for 450 have it door to door to Australia IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 01:50 AM   #958
somedude81
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 328xi

It looks like a new version of the firmware was released a couple days ago. According to the change log here, the update includes:

Fixed volume in setting cannot be saved. General DSP bug fix.

Has anyone tried this out?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 02:00 AM   #959
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
It looks like a new version of the firmware was released a couple days ago. According to the change log here, the update includes:

Fixed volume in setting cannot be saved. General DSP bug fix.

Has anyone tried this out?
There were more fixes listed for the CIC version:

"Steering wheel rolling wheel can control CarPlay now. Fixed VC cannot activate SIRI on some BMW models. Fixed volume in setting cannot be saved. General DSP bug fix."
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 02:36 PM   #960
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91

Hi,

I received the P2000 from Mr12Volt today and also installed it in my E91 with "big" CIC (no CD changer available).

With me no CD1 appears as soon as I select Multimedia > CD.

The box itself lights up red, power is on it, the optical orange cable is hopefully also connected correctly (even if it is connected incorrectly, CD1 should still appear) - what have I overlooked?

I only have a DVD drive in front, no changer.
The red LED lights up on the box from Mr12Volt
iDrive in the middle console works too
The Pins are all on Zero 0

Can anyone help?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 03:39 PM   #961
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFK1 View Post
Hi,

I received the P2000 from Mr12Volt today and also installed it in my E91 with "big" CIC (no CD changer available).

With me no CD1 appears as soon as I select Multimedia > CD.

The box itself lights up red, power is on it, the optical orange cable is hopefully also connected correctly (even if it is connected incorrectly, CD1 should still appear) - what have I overlooked?

I only have a DVD drive in front, no changer.
The red LED lights up on the box from Mr12Volt
iDrive in the middle console works too
The Pins are all on Zero 0

Can anyone help?
You need to do the coding described in the first post in the thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:01 PM   #962
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep

oh wow... and i have 0 idea aboud coding.. i mean i have a laptop and a DCAN Cable but please.... do i need Bimmercode on windows to change the things?

i see bimmercode is easy to install on iphone, i have carly fullversion - can i do it with carly adapter? and i have "elm 327 wi-fi interface" adapter.

Last edited by SteelFK1; 06-29-2022 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:16 PM   #963
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
oh wow... and i have 0 idea aboud coding.. i mean i have a laptop and a DCAN Cable but please.... do i need Bimmercode on windows to change the things?

i see bimmercode is easy to install on iphone, i have carly fullversion - can i do it with carly adapter? and i have "elm 327 wi-fi interface" adapter.
If you have a laptop and a DCAN cable you can do the coding with NCSExpert for free.

Watch a few youtube videos on NCSExpert to learn how to do it. Its a little clunky the first time, but not so bad when you get the hang of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #964
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you! i try to find on a serious site ncsexpert
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 12:58 AM   #965
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep

A question, i ordered last week the black case p2000, do I have now a bass problem or is it allready fixed? On the case is the date 2021/11.

Or do I need the blue case, the p2000md?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 06:53 AM   #966
georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
Quote:
A question, i ordered last week the black case p2000, do I have now a bass problem or is it allready fixed? On the case is the date 2021/11.

Or do I need the blue case, the p2000md?
No it's not. That's the old version. The new „blue" unit has the new DSP chip.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 07:08 AM   #967
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Okay Mr12volt says I should try first but I allrdy order the blue one now.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 09:32 AM   #968
Has39
Rep
Drives: E39 2002 530d, E60 2008 535d

Just updated to the newest MCU version: BMWCIC_20220623 and I can confirm forward/back works on both steering wheel buttons and on cic unit buttons. 😁
Appreciate 1
drwankel1037.50