BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

06-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

PDC Cancel, Anything To See There?

I just got word that if I want PDC then I have to wait until August. The cars on a boat now and otherwise I can get it the end of June . Is there anything to do at the PDC that I can't just stop by and see? Can I go on a tour of the factory if I want? I've been to driving schools and tracks schools and been on a skid pad, and autocross and driven GT cars on a road course, etc... With the exception of driving my car (M3) on a course is there anything special I'm missing besides the "package" experience?

I just don't think waiting an extra month plus for a car is worth it but I'm debating and looking for experience and/or input.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

From your experience, I don't think you gonna miss that much.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
man02195
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
I just got word that if I want PDC then I have to wait until August. The cars on a boat now and otherwise I can get it the end of June . Is there anything to do at the PDC that I can't just stop by and see? Can I go on a tour of the factory if I want? I've been to driving schools and tracks schools and been on a skid pad, and autocross and driven GT cars on a road course, etc... With the exception of driving my car (M3) on a course is there anything special I'm missing besides the "package" experience?

I just don't think waiting an extra month plus for a car is worth it but I'm debating and looking for experience and/or input.

Thanks
You can tour the factory on your own, and the museum. You could pay +$3K for one of their M schools, but since you've done schools before, no biggie.
      06-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post

Thanks

You already answered your own question.

Don't wait for it IMO. If the wait was another week it would be an entirely different story.