BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

06-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #1057
Gatt
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A3

Hello guys so I decided to to update the software and and pressing confirm the screen turned black and joyeauto wont work till now just black screen, i tried to install appcore.enc via OTG cable but no success anyone know how to fix that? I messages joyeauto support and they told me to contact my reseller but my reseller doesn’t know how to fix it
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #1058
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deme87 View Post
There is an option in Google maps and Waze that says 'Play as Bluetooth phone call' but I haven't tried that yet.
Thanks for this, I hadn't noticed this setting in Waze.. I'll give this a shot to see if it works as expected.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #1059
rod.bearings
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I just took out my CarPlay since I might be selling my car.

Now I have no sound.... bluetooth is greyed out, no chime and I get a "no warning tones" on boot up.

Everything was working before. Amp looks good. Fuses look good. My car did die and battery might be bad. I read it might be ibs conserving battery. Any other ideas?
      06-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #1060
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazi3azn View Post

Now I have no sound.... bluetooth is greyed out, no chime and I get a "no warning tones" on boot up.

Everything was working before. Amp looks good. Fuses look good. My car did die and battery might be bad. I read it might be ibs conserving battery. Any other ideas?
Did you swap back the Green MOST fiber optic cables to the main harness?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #1061
rod.bearings
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazi3azn View Post

Did you swap back the Green MOST fiber optic cables to the main harness?
I think it's the most connector under the drivers. Ima get a new battery under warranty then I'll check again
      06-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #1062
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is an option in Google maps and Waze that says 'Play as Bluetooth phone call' but I haven't tried that yet.
I set Waze to "Play as Bluetooth phone call", but unfortunately once Carplay is connected, Waze forces this setting back to the Carplay audio source and doesn't allow it to be changed. Only when you disconnect from Carplay can you change this setting. Just FYI.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 02:10 AM   #1063
deme87
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
Quote:
I set Waze to "Play as Bluetooth phone call", but unfortunately once Carplay is connected, Waze forces this setting back to the Carplay audio source and doesn't allow it to be changed. Only when you disconnect from Carplay can you change this setting. Just FYI.
Thanks for checking that out!! Well it was worth a try 😂
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #1064
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
I have noticed Apple music will simultaneously play it's audio both out of the carplay and bluetooth (combox) connections. I can toggle between the aux and bluetooth source with my i-drive. If waze, google maps or apple maps did the same thing, I would be happy with the carplay system. It does not do well with audio however it is fine for a video carplay screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 08:41 PM   #1065
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Hello all,
I am trying to install my andream unit in my 2011 328 with CIC system.

I hooked up the mmi to my cic and when I hold on the menu button, mmi unit clicks and I get red screen. To exit the red screen, i need to hold back button to menu button for few seconds. If I don't touch anything and leave red screen on, after few minutes, screen just turns off until i hold the menu button or back button.

I double checked my connections and everything seems right. The only switches in ON position are 3 and 4. All other are in off.

Any advice?

Last edited by W37V; 06-16-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #1066
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Got it working. Do not remove screen. Tap into wires behind the unit. Wires seem to be cause of the problem.

Solution is: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by vennids View Post
I fixed it by leaving the display alone, and disconnecting the LVDS cable from the headunit.
This is how mine is connected now:
HEADUNIT -----> Andream LVDS cable 1 ----> ANDREAM UNIT ----> Andream LVDS Cable 2 -----> BMW Original Cable -----> DISPLAY
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:57 AM   #1067
Rusticm3
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Hi,

Ok so I’ve just spent what feels like hours going through this thread and here’s where I’m at;

Audio quality is important to me and from what I’ve read the boxes have slightly improved the aux over time but it’s not perfect.

The Kremersino unit which seems to be talked about the most on here looks the better option as you can output the sound via Bluetooth through the cars combo box. The draw back is this unit is like twice the price of the others.

The cheapest option I can see is the Andream unit at £180 on AliExpress. I messaged them and they would only confirm that the unit outputs sound via aux.

Now here’s the thing, despite what they say, my car came from factory with combo box and music via Bluetooth. So will that allow me to still have the option of playing music from they cheaper CarPlay box from Andream via Bluetooth or not?

Also someone mentioned they were also from the uk and had used a kremersino Uk distributor. I can’t seem to find one, could you please link me?

Here’s links to the two units im considering for a 2011 CIC E92 please let me know if I should be considering something else;

Kremersino;

£384.47 | Mirror Wireless Apple CarPlay AndroidAuto Retrofit for BMW 1/2/3/4 Series for BMW Retrofit E87 E88 E90 E91 F22 F23 F30 F31 F45
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dS6ODZE

Andream;

£221.81 50% Off | Wireless Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface adapter BOX For BMW Series 1 2 3 4 5 7 mini X1 X3 X4 X5 X6 X7 CIC/NBT System
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BfAXr0O0
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 04:43 AM   #1068
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusticm3 View Post
Hi,

Ok so I’ve just spent what feels like hours going through this thread and here’s where I’m at;

Audio quality is important to me and from what I’ve read the boxes have slightly improved the aux over time but it’s not perfect.

The Kremersino unit which seems to be talked about the most on here looks the better option as you can output the sound via Bluetooth through the cars combo box. The draw back is this unit is like twice the price of the others.

The cheapest option I can see is the Andream unit at £180 on AliExpress. I messaged them and they would only confirm that the unit outputs sound via aux.

Now here’s the thing, despite what they say, my car came from factory with combo box and music via Bluetooth. So will that allow me to still have the option of playing music from they cheaper CarPlay box from Andream via Bluetooth or not?

Also someone mentioned they were also from the uk and had used a kremersino Uk distributor. I can’t seem to find one, could you please link me?

Here’s links to the two units im considering for a 2011 CIC E92 please let me know if I should be considering something else;

Kremersino;

£384.47 | Mirror Wireless Apple CarPlay AndroidAuto Retrofit for BMW 1/2/3/4 Series for BMW Retrofit E87 E88 E90 E91 F22 F23 F30 F31 F45

Andream;

£221.81 50% Off | Wireless Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface adapter BOX For BMW Series 1 2 3 4 5 7 mini X1 X3 X4 X5 X6 X7 CIC/NBT System
Not sure about Andream, but with Joyeauto you can use the existing Bluetooth to play music and take calls, only downside is the waze turn by turn direction will not work in this setup. You can also use existing USB and play music as a docking station.
      06-18-2020, 04:45 AM   #1069
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep

Quote:

On another note i have asked another guy on reddit who installed this on his i3. And he checked his resolution and it was wrong like mine. So definitely is not just me and my car is not special like Joyeauto keep telling me 😂
This doesn't work, for some reason the GPS apps like Waze and Googlemap forces device to use carplay. Even if you change it manually on WAZE menu, it reverts back to carplay.
      06-18-2020, 06:13 AM   #1070
Rusticm3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
Not sure about Andream, but with Joyeauto you can use the existing Bluetooth to play music and take calls, only downside is the waze turn by turn direction will not work in this setup. You can also use existing USB and play music as a docking station.
Thanks for that I’ll price them up too
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #1071
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Kremersino;

Andream;

The Kremersino unit that works via CIC COMBOX Bluetooth audio is this one (its the one I have, and I just pulled up this link from my order history):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...31824c4dOr0g2l
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 11:15 AM   #1072
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

What is the consensus on using AUX with the 3rd gen Kremersino unit? I read that using a ground loop isolator helped, and somebody replaced a resistor connected to the internal audio amp on the Joyeauto unit. Has anybody done this same resistor swap on the Kremersino unit as well? Just curious about AUX quality, as it would be nice to get Waze audio working which doesn't currently work with combox BT/carplay.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #1073
Rusticm3
Rep

Quote:
Does this also use the oem mic?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 10:26 AM   #1074
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Does this also use the oem mic?
For Phone calls it uses OEM mic.

For Siri related functions you need to install external mic which comes with the carplay device.
      06-22-2020, 08:19 AM   #1075
CaptainPunPants
Knows just enough to be dangerous
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Hey guys! I've been reading this entire thread with great interest.

I have a 2006 M5 that I just finished retrofitting a CIC and a Combox to. I went ahead and ordered the 3rd gen Kremersino unit linked from here and received it last week.

Some new info:
Like others here, my unit arrived WITHOUT a quadlock connector. It seems to pull power exclusively from the terminal 30/31 on the iDrive connector.
For the OEM mic, it has a dual-connector setup that sits between the factory mic and the vehicle. This means you still need to run a cable up your A-pillar and park it on the factory mic. Alternatively, I'm thinking of pulling a junkyard mic and putting it on the passenger side slot to plug into the Kremersino.

***An important note for retrofitted CICs:***
This unit does not seem to work with the old-style iDrive controller.
I have an old CCC controller that works with the CIC, but does NOT work with the Kremersino. I remapped the pinout of the Kremersino 10-pin connector, put in an 8-pin housing on the car side, and ensured it's properly set up on the 12V/gnd/KCAN_high/KCAN_low pins, and it will not recognize me holding down the menu button.
I'm sure I mapped it correctly, as the CIC still recognizes all button presses, even with the Kremersino harness and box plugged in, acting as middleman. The commands are being passed to the car through the box, but holding the menu button doesn't pull up the Kremersino on the CID/display.
I suspect the old controller throws a slightly different CAN frame, which the CIC can recognize but the Kremersino cannot.
I'll be getting a CIC controller as soon as I can find a compatible one at the junkyard and report back if that fixes things.

I've also attached some pics of what I got. I purchased the CIC unit at this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...31824c4dOr0g2l

Last edited by CaptainPunPants; 06-22-2020 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 08:51 AM   #1076
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPunPants View Post
Hey guys! I've been reading this entire thread with great interest.

I have a 2006 M5 that I just finished retrofitting a CIC and a Combox to. I went ahead and ordered the 3rd gen Kremersino unit linked from here and received it last week.

Some new info:
Like others here, my unit arrived WITHOUT a quadlock connector. It seems to pull power exclusively from the terminal 30/31 on the iDrive connector.
For the OEM mic, it has a dual-connector setup that sits between the factory mic and the vehicle. This means you still need to run a cable up your A-pillar and park it on the factory mic. Alternatively, I'm thinking of pulling a junkyard mic and putting it on the passenger side slot to plug into the Kremersino.

***An important note for retrofitted CICs:***
This unit does not seem to work with the old-style iDrive controller.
I have an old CCC controller that works with the CIC, but does NOT work with the Kremersino. I remapped the pinout of the Kremersino 10-pin connector, put in an 8-pin housing on the car side, and ensured it's properly set up on the 12V/gnd/KCAN_high/KCAN_low pins, and it will not recognize me holding down the menu button.
I'm sure I mapped it correctly, as the CIC still recognizes all button presses, even with the Kremersino harness and box plugged in, acting as middleman. The commands are being passed to the car through the box, but holding the menu button doesn't pull up the Kremersino on the CID/display.
I suspect the old controller throws a slightly different CAN frame, which the CIC can recognize but the Kremersino cannot.
I'll be getting a CIC controller as soon as I can find a compatible one at the junkyard and report back if that fixes things.

I've also attached some pics of what I got. I purchased the CIC unit at this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...31824c4dOr0g2l
Regarding your controller, some CIC retrofits had issues with the older controller working with the CIC. To solve the issue, they downgraded the ZBE firmware. Perhaps this may solve your carplay box issue. CIC does not support haptic feedback found in ZBE High.

I just did my 3rd CIC retrofit and was surprised at the cost of the controller and trim. That is the only retrofit component that has not gone down in cost over time.

That is good news that it does not use the quadlock. I always have trouble fitting the extra quadlock behind the CIC.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #1077
dextersl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport Le-Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
I have not tested the newer BT module AUX (never installed the mic/aux wire).

Here is a history of what I had. Versioning is just a number I made not officially referred by Kremersino.

1 ACP Joyauto WIRED ONLY (Made by kremersino)
2. ACP Kremersino WIRED/WIRELESS v1 (poor audio from AUX. Flat/lack bass)
3. ACP Kermersino WIRED/WIRELESS v2 (Improved as it uses the same audo PCB from #1 and sounds great)
4. ACP Kremersino WIRED/WIRELESS v3 (unknown for AUX as I never tried. BT OE Mic isn't switching correctly or consistently right now but quality of music is what you expect from BT audio from Combox.
So I currently have #2 (WIRED/WIRELESS v1) which I am mailing back to Michael in exchange for #3 (WIRED/WIRELESS v2).

smass Mentioned in the post below that he now sees dynamic parking lines after the most recent update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smass View Post
Well that is good news. Which wireless carplay do you have? The early one that used aux in or the newer version that uses combox BT for audio in?

Is it just me or did the previous update add dynamic parking lines to the backup camera? I don't remember those being there when I installed it last fall.
Has anyone else using #2 or #3 able to confirm that they have this as an option now after the most recent update? And if so, what was the update version?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 01:50 PM   #1078
Beemr
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d e90

Quote:
Hi,

Kremersino;

Andream;

Quote:
Hi,

Ok so I've just spent what feels like hours going through this thread and here's where I'm at;

Audio quality is important to me and from what I've read the boxes have slightly improved the aux over time but it's not perfect.

Now here's the thing, despite what they say, my car came from factory with combo box and music via Bluetooth. So will that allow me to still have the option of playing music from they cheaper CarPlay box from Andream via Bluetooth or not?

Also someone mentioned they were also from the uk and had used a kremersino Uk distributor. I can't seem to find one, could you please link me?

Here's links to the two units im considering for a 2011 CIC E92 please let me know if I should be considering something else;

Kremersino;

Andream;

Hello it was me who mentioned the uk distributor...I have now installed the mmi unit which I paid £435 for. Any questions just ask...just to note my car has Bluetooth music playback and I did use it for a while but Siri and Waze voice guidance was not working...so I switched to aux and used a rta analyser and sound by ear to tweak the equaliser on the unit and audio now sounds close to Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0