BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #23
Ever.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
If it turns out to be a tiring battle with the dealer there's two MPEs FS on the forum now just a heads up. One used 1500 one new 2500 or 2700
Thanks for the heads up. True. When it comes down to it, I don't mind whether the exhaust is there or not, just didn't want to have paid for something I didn't get because I could always get an exhaust if I wanted to. The battle is that I've already bought the car. And legality will state "you've already bought as is, so you're screwed". Screw customer service right? Still waiting on BMW NA.

My error for not knowing it wasn't MPE when I acquired the vehicle, and their error for selling something advertised as LRP and not having the parts of that specific edition.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #24
Ever.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticc View Post
Is that bmwarchive.org?
Yes it is
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 08:30 PM   #25
nthretourNAFTW
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 NA no turbo required

Here is the official PR for the Lime Rock Park M3 edition.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12278550.

The first paragraph says :
"The M3 Lime Rock Park edition includes the following :

Basic Equipment Profile :
Inconel / Titanium Exhaust Muffler"

That's the MPE there is no other exhaust in existence made of iconel / titanium for the E92 M3.

Notice that there is another paragraph for "Optional Equipment" and clearly the MPE was not put under that paragraph. It's a Basic equipment for the LRP.

Also notes this is an official BMW NA PR. This is enough ground to stand on that a car sold as LRP without MPE should mention "missing MPE" or "MPE not included" or it would be pretty easy for an attorney to make a case of unintentionally deceptive sale and get a full refund. But.. i'm quite sure you want to keep the car than get your money back and return the car

I think it would be fair for them to offer you a full refund or to help you acquire that part at a small discount.

Beautiful car !!! Congratulation on getting it
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #26
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

oh you bought it?

It would be tough to even come up with a figure (especially after you bought it) as to how much less you should have paid for that car. Certainly not the msrp of $4k.

If they were going to act in good faith they should buy one at cost for like 3150 or so from BMW NA and install it for you for free. However that's so unlikely to happen.

You may need to chalk this up as a situation where both seller and buyer did not know the product well enough and you guys agreed on a fair price.

You should pick one up from the forums though. This exhaust is so awesome. I got mine very lightly used from a member and it's my favorite oem performance mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #27
UPSROD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
The dealer should be able to plug your key into their reader and pull up everything the car was delivered with...mine has the MPE port installed and is listed as such...it is OZ10!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #28
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

I'd go back there and demand the exhaust, or compensation. It's not like they secretly gave you a discount on the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:58 PM   #29
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever. View Post
What concerns me is that, there is no window decal, and the exhausts don't seem to be the titanium exhausts as the other "normal" lime rocks seem to have. The badge on the center console is present though, and the VIN seems to check out as a true lime rock.
This is an old thread - I know - but it popped up in a search.

If you even still have this car, did you ever get to the bottom of what happened to your exhaust?
Appreciate 0