BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

05-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #23
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar Bam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phodatbiet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
From my experience, AFD+pump tune has shown the most horsepower on the dyno. I believe I've seen more pump+afd over 400whp than I have RK/Gintani e85 tunes. The full e85 tunes are hitting 390-400whp with x pipe, underdrive pulley etc and that's with higher timing targets. Impressive yes, but you still don't have the flex fuel ability.
Do u have any links/dyno charts to back these up? When u say over 400whp, what kind of numbers exactly? Id totally keep my afd kit and slap it back on if the whp looks good enough to do so.
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...2#post21853279 this was 406whp, I've seen a few on Instagram hard to find stuff that's years old. I know user gzim335 on here did 394whp with gintani pump tune and proflex commander on a mustang dyno. I'm not bashing the e85 tunes, but from the data I've seen they're barely pushing 400whp (BARELY) with test pipes, underdrive pulley, intake scoops/drop in filter and a dedicated tune with higher timing targets. In my opinion having the proflex commander and using the flex capabilities is the most convenient, safe/reliable, and consistent. But the most power to be extracted from these cars (that I've seen) is a custom gintani e85 tune with locked timing.. that 5-10whp gain isn't worth finding the bare end limit of the motor.
can some1 explain to me locked timing? my thinking is a timing target of let's say 35° at 8000rpm but regardless off quality or other factors? like a racefile of some sort?
Yeah, timing is locked at "X" value (that the tuner puts in) throughout the power band regardless of conditions. Usually a very aggressive value that requires the octane to do it. E85 is the best for locked timing in my opinion as it provides the octane and cooling effect with alcohol to avoid any detonation.
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0