BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

07-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
m3_victoria
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

Wtb: E93 Cf Spoiler

just as the thread name states. open to other exterior mods as I have a stock e93
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #2
Jmags41
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93

I would do exhaust before any cosmetics. Easily the best enjoyment for money with the drop top. I went ceramic tint, exhaust, supercharger.

Going to start focusing on exterior more now like blacking out the silver trim and my rims. Maybe angel eyes and some other stuff I see fit. Eventually will get around to headers, cat delete, brakes/suspension.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
m3_victoria
Rep

what kind of exhaust mod would you do first? x-pipe? catback? I would love a recommendation!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #4
Jmags41
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93

Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_victoria View Post
what kind of exhaust mod would you do first? x-pipe? catback? I would love a recommendation!
I started catback with this:

https://www.armytrixusa.com/shop/arm...j24aApYY8P8HAQ

More importantly, shop around and scour the forum for exhaust threads and videos. Also spend some time youtubing E9x m3 exhaust videos and reviews. There are a ton of good options.

Most important would be to get to a local cars and coffee and meet some people to hear their exhaust in person as some of the videos don't capture how beautiful the experience is in the real world. There are also different intricacies and tones you can pick out way better in person.

Definitely do some due diligence on pricing and possibly picking up something used through the forums.

The only thing I would potentially do different on the catback if i would do it all over again is potentially not spending the extra money on the valve since i have it open 99% of the time anyways.

But yeah I would definitely start catback and ease your way into it, and if you're doing your install good luck with the hangars...

I am still a beginner in this world so take my and all advice with a grain of salt, my main take away is to do a ton of research around the forums and intewebs before shelling out the cash, blood, sweat, and tears.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #5
m3_victoria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmags41 View Post
I started catback with this:

https://www.armytrixusa.com/shop/arm...j24aApYY8P8HAQ

More importantly, shop around and scour the forum for exhaust threads and videos. Also spend some time youtubing E9x m3 exhaust videos and reviews. There are a ton of good options.

Most important would be to get to a local cars and coffee and meet some people to hear their exhaust in person as some of the videos don't capture how beautiful the experience is in the real world. There are also different intricacies and tones you can pick out way better in person.

Definitely do some due diligence on pricing and possibly picking up something used through the forums.

The only thing I would potentially do different on the catback if i would do it all over again is potentially not spending the extra money on the valve since i have it open 99% of the time anyways.

But yeah I would definitely start catback and ease your way into it, and if you're doing your install good luck with the hangars...

I am still a beginner in this world so take my and all advice with a grain of salt, my main take away is to do a ton of research around the forums and intewebs before shelling out the cash, blood, sweat, and tears.
Thanks for all the advice! I hope to meet you at some local car meets !
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #6
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Do what you want. Start with cosmetics if that is what you would like to do. The oem carbon fiber trunk spoiler is a great looking mod and one of the first things I added. It was a pain getting the old stock lip spoiler off though.

Make sure to go to Bimmerfest East coming up at the end of the month. I posted a thread in this section.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #7
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To answer this question if you were looking to go this route, you may be happy with just test pipes and stock muffler for the time being. It wakes the s65 up while adding a good amount of HP, all while not changing the tone of the 'stock' system. Makes it sound more "angry".

You will throw a CEL and need a tune to code out and become obd ready for plug in at inspection. NY could differ from NJ, but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

The only gripe I have with going back to a stock muffler (previously had an eisenmann race paired with the test pipes) is the loss of weight savings. You can shave some weight (~20lbs) off the rear end by going with an aftermarket muffler.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #8
m3_victoria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
Do what you want. Start with cosmetics if that is what you would like to do. The oem carbon fiber trunk spoiler is a great looking mod and one of the first things I added. It was a pain getting the old stock lip spoiler off though.

Make sure to go to Bimmerfest East coming up at the end of the month. I posted a thread in this section.
I will definitely be at Bimmerfest on Saturday! I hope to meet you there and check out your set up.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will definitely be at Bimmerfest on Saturday! I hope to meet you there and check out your set up.
Not sure if I'm going to be there Saturday or Sunday. Going to make a decision after the forecast is dialed in. Looking forward to connecting.
Appreciate 0