BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-14-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
tadmcmichael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

How do I get Bluetooth Audio working?

I have a 2013 car with EPS, I-Drive, and Combox. I'm not sure how to get the Bluetooth Audio working for an iPhone 6. I found a thread indicating how to switch it on in I-Drive, but what do I do next? When I start playing songs on my phone, nothing happens. I have the Bluetooth Audio switched on in I-Drive in the Bluetooth settings, but do I have to select it as an audio source somehow? Is there settings in the iPhone I need to tweak?

I know from this forum that Bluetooth Audio will be switched off if I connect via USB, but that is not the case here.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
e90alpinem3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

You need to configure the phone to work with Bluetooth audio. Under external devices select Bluetooth audio your phone should come up as an option. Highlight the phone and hit the option button it will bring up a sub menu scroll to configure phone then in that menu select Bluetooth audio. You should be good to go now if you select bt audio back under the external device menu.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
tadmcmichael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Thanks! I have an icon for "Bluetooth Audio" under the CD/Media, but it wasn't doing anything. Why is that even there? Anyway, Found it under "External Devices" and working now.
Appreciate 0