BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
Absolut1M
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Techtec tune issue

My car e90 M3 was fitted with K&N and Akraprovic evo exhaust, recently bought a Techtec tune from the local tuner.

First impression, the tune was rough delivery especially experience pull back between 2k-2.5k rpm with mid and full throttle feels like fuel starvation. Initially I though it could the tune needed sometime to set in however after 2 weeks I am still experiencing pull back at 2.5k rpm with mid to full throttle on 5th and 6 gear DCT.

I went back to the local agent to check if I got the correct tune, they put the blame on the Akraprovic and request me to change to remus (whom we distribute) and it will be solved and refuse even to have a look.

Didn't believe Techtec will produce such poor product, tried emailing Techtec HQ all I get was a lousy auto reply and waited for 3 weeks without even a word.

Is it true that Akraprovic is causing this flat spot or fuel starvation?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #2
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

yeah they do have a tq drop around there but with a good tune like ess they can fix it
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 02:13 AM   #3
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
The akra does cause a dip, but this can be rectified with changes to the inlet and exhaust cam, changing the valve overlap in that area to fix the issue.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 05:21 AM   #4
Absolut1M
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
The akra does cause a dip, but this can be rectified with changes to the inlet and exhaust cam, changing the valve overlap in that area to fix the issue.
Doesn't that requires a different map? From the services I am getting from techtec, I can say forget it.

Well the question to me right now is isn't Akraprovic suppose to gain power? Guess right now I get either trade the Akraprovic for something else (open to suggestion) or get a retune from others.

Also I notice remus provides 2 straight through mid pipes instead of a cross pipe does that remove the flat spot? Advise please.

Last edited by Absolut1M; 03-06-2014 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut1M View Post
Doesn't that requires a different map? From the services I am getting from techtec, I can say forget it.

Well the question to me right now is isn't Akraprovic suppose to gain power? Guess right now I get either trade the Akraprovic for something else (open to suggestion) or get a retune from others.

Also I notice remus provides 2 straight through mid pipes instead of a cross pipe does that remove the flat spot? Advise please.
Stick with the Akrapovic. Just get a tune that is suited to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Quote:

It will be a lot cheaper to get a new tune for your car than getting a new exhaust. Go with someone who cares about you and your car and who is passionate in delivering a good customer service.
      03-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

That's not good.
Get a real tune and save yourself the headaches.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #8
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Not supposed to have a H and X in the same pipe. I have always been surprised they did that. Luckily the tuners have figured a way around it.
      03-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #9
Absolut1M
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
It will be a lot cheaper to get a new tune for your car than getting a new exhaust. Go with someone who cares about you and your car and who is passionate in delivering a good customer service.
Well technically, I don't need to pay extra if I trade my Akraprovic for a new super sprint. But for new tune I need to pay extra, I am just weighting how much different will it be with a new tune and is it worth the extra.

Just bad luck choosing a tuner like techtec.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Absolut1M
Rep

Quote:
Does your tune include DCT tune?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #11
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Well technically, I don't need to pay extra if I trade my Akraprovic for a new super sprint. But for new tune I need to pay extra, I am just weighting how much different will it be with a new tune and is it worth the extra.

Just bad luck choosing a tuner like techtec.
Its the X Pipe that is the issue so you can keep your Akra Slip on and just change the X Pipe if your really want to keep the tune.

We offered DCT included for a limited time. It is now a paid for option.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #12
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Does your tune include DCT tune?
Quote:
Its the X Pipe that is the issue so you can keep your Akra Slip on and just change the X Pipe if your really want to keep the tune.

We offered DCT included for a limited time. It is now a paid for option.
Fantastic service from these folks. Even if they charge for the dct... get it, you will notice a immediate difference.