BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

11-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Extremis View Post
Do it. Do it now. I also wanted to squeak a few more weeks on summers out just in case there was another nice day and part laziness as well. A few brisk nights ago, I was driving home when ambient temperatures displayed on my dash were 27 fahrenheit. I was on a freshly repaved road which was extraordinarily slick and had lots of dips/ pot holes. It was also rainy and damp out. I had only gone around the block so my tires were ice cold when a large fox (common in my area) jumped in front of my car. I was doing about 40 mph, maybe 45, swerved and had I had virtually no control over my ado8s, 265/35 front 295/30 rear. I went off the road a few feet not just into soft dirt but then small trees. I may have traded one animals life for another Car is at MAC auto right now, we will see.. there does appear to be some frame damage.

J
Dayum, sorry to hear it, hope the ride gets fixed soon. This should be sufficient warning to those procrastinating switching to winters.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Mine are going on tomorrow morning. Night temps have gotten pretty cold.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #25
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

I put my snow tires on last week when the temps started to drop. Now with the extra performance of the cold air and the Evolve S/C the traction control light is pretty much always on even when I don't expect it.
Appreciate 0