BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

05-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
atx02m3
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Using different M3 cluster problem

Hello,

Sorry I did not have much time to do search, but hoping I can get an answer when I wake up, as I need to pass out now and be up in the early AM.

I am going to purchase a new M3 cluster from the dealer tomorrow for $700, but want to make sure this is my only option.

I used a M3 instrument cluster from another M3 since I restored a theft E90 M3.

The instrument cluster is married to the other M3 via VIN, is there anyway around this? Everything works but I am not able to get any maintenance information to read on the cluster. It also has a weird dot.

My tech friend told me it will not work properly without the matching VIN and he was unable to code it with his AutoLogic.

So what are my options? New un-registered cluster or... ?

Thanks for your help guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
It will work fine but you will have a tampering indicator dot. If you send the cluster to me I can make it match perfectly with your car as if it was the original cluster.

The other option is a brand new cluster and programming that one.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx02m3 View Post
Hello,

Sorry I did not have much time to do search, but hoping I can get an answer when I wake up, as I need to pass out now and be up in the early AM.

I am going to purchase a new M3 cluster from the dealer tomorrow for $700, but want to make sure this is my only option.

I used a M3 instrument cluster from another M3 since I restored a theft E90 M3.

The instrument cluster is married to the other M3 via VIN, is there anyway around this? Everything works but I am not able to get any maintenance information to read on the cluster. It also has a weird dot.

My tech friend told me it will not work properly without the matching VIN and he was unable to code it with his AutoLogic.

So what are my options? New un-registered cluster or... ?

Thanks for your help guys.
If the VIN in the cluster does not match the VIN of the car you will not be able to see any maintenance info in the iDrive as well as the dot will be present.

If you need to have a used cluster programmed for your VIN feel free to email us.
Appreciate 0