BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

10-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Map/Nav Version

Under the navigation version menu in my car's iDrive (2009), I get a screen (see pic) that says Testmap-2. Is this the standard setup, or do I have some kind of beta version of the maps? The car was a very early build (Sept 2008, one of the first to be delivered).

BTW: This is a US-spec car that came pre-loaded from Munich with the European maps (hence the ECE). It works fine as far as I can tell, esp after the system was updated, but I'm curious to know if I have an "experimental version" that I might be able to get upgraded to a later map data set...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
Under the navigation version menu in my car's iDrive (2009), I get a screen (see pic) that says Testmap-2. Is this the standard setup, or do I have some kind of beta version of the maps? The car was a very early build (Sept 2008, one of the first to be delivered).

BTW: This is a US-spec car that came pre-loaded from Munich with the European maps (hence the ECE). It works fine as far as I can tell, esp after the system was updated, but I'm curious to know if I have an "experimental version" that I might be able to get upgraded to a later map data set...
Does your live traffic update work? My 2008 M3 the traffic live update works fine (US SPEC) however my wifes 2010 528i has the exact same map set loaded that you mentioned V 1.0.1 Test Map 2008-2 and when I try to set up the NAV to provide live traffic updates, the message says (filtered) and the live traffic update does not work. BMW has got to fix this, its nothing related to US Spec as some BMW dealerships claim etc, because on some US Spec cars it works and others it don't work???

Last edited by rcornelius; 10-21-2009 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0