BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Mporium BMW

06-17-2024, 02:55 PM   #1
AceBeezy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3

San Antonio Shops

Any decent shops you guys know of in the SATX area that are willing to do valve cover and vanos cover replacements? All the shops I’ve called either seem unfamiliar or don’t follow up with a quote, even after numerous calls and texts. BMW-DOC quoted me $2300, M-Tecknik just responded with a text and said “you don’t need to replace the vanos cups” and Rhine West wants to charge $1200 for the valve cover job only with a $200 diag to “advise what the car really needs?” Still waiting on two other shops to call back but it’s like pulling teeth in this area trying to see if anyone will do the job.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2024, 03:19 PM   #2
bipp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

maybe OG Shark's shop in Spring Branch, TX? https://ogsharkmotorsport.com/

never went to his shop for service but I've bought a decent amount of stuff off of Jason / OG Shark (Nitrons and APs) and he's definitely a stand up guy with a ton of knowledge about the E9x platform. if I was local I'd definitely consider him for shop work as well.
      06-17-2024, 04:06 PM   #3
AceBeezy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipp View Post
maybe OG Shark's shop in Spring Branch, TX? https://ogsharkmotorsport.com/

never went to his shop for service but I've bought a decent amount of stuff off of Jason / OG Shark (Nitrons and APs) and he's definitely a stand up guy with a ton of knowledge about the E9x platform. if I was local I'd definitely consider him for shop work as well.
Sweet! Thanks brother! I’ll give them a call.
Appreciate 1
bipp126.00