BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
//m3purist
Rep
Drives: 04 e46 AW M3

Help with interior color options..please!!

Hi everyone,

I have narrowed my exterior choices to either Space Grey or Sparkling Graphite. However, I don't have a clue as to what to have as an interior. I like the palladium silver; however, I don't think it will look good with my two exterior options. I do like the red but I already have red in my current M3, and I was hoping for something a bit different. That leaves my two choices as bamboo beige and black. Right now I am not partial to either. What do you guys think? I am kinda at a loss right now and I would definitely love some input!!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

The Palladium should look okay.
      08-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by //m3purist View Post
Hi everyone,

I have narrowed my exterior choices to either Space Grey or Sparkling Graphite. However, I don't have a clue as to what to have as an interior. I like the palladium silver; however, I don't think it will look good with my two exterior options. I do like the red but I already have red in my current M3, and I was hoping for something a bit different. That leaves my two choices as bamboo beige and black. Right now I am not partial to either. What do you guys think? I am kinda at a loss right now and I would definitely love some input!!

Thanks
Palladium.............

Now, Fox Red is not really red but is more like Terra and would be my first choice- especially with Space Grey or Spark G........

If you decide that this is still not what you want then I would go for Black- Bamboo beige is soooooo boring, and you do NOT want a beige interior with a Grey car.....

Just my 2 cents......
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
Niro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)

I agree with MI6 in that the Bamboo Beige, from the photos I have seen, probably shan't complement the Grey (Space or Graphite) paintwork. Palladium would look okay, but have you thought about Individual Interiors? I reckon that the following leathers produce an awesome combo with your paintwork: Oxide Individual (similar to Cinnamon) or Rust Brown Individual.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Niro. BMW individual is only available for the 7 series in the states, so he wont be able to get the colours you suggested.

Fox red interior will look phat with either Space Grey or Sparkling Graphite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
I agree with MI6 in that the Bamboo Beige, from the photos I have seen, probably shan't complement the Grey (Space or Graphite) paintwork. Palladium would look okay, but have you thought about Individual Interiors? I reckon that the following leathers produce an awesome combo with your paintwork: Oxide Individual (similar to Cinnamon) or Rust Brown Individual.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
1198r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Black, black, black !!!!!!!!!!! If you want it to look classy- Black:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
911 Now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 m3

Black for sure- my opinion only obviously but my 911(2002 for sale) is Seal Gray(looks exactly like Space Gray) with black and anything else would look wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
Mx3
M
Rep
Drives: 08.SpaceGry.DCT.19's,Tech,+

I'm set on SG exterior but not sure on the interior. I’m narrowing it down between Palladium and Black. Black has a nice contrast to SG exterior. Palladium has a nice contrast two tone look with the black dash, upper and lower parts of the doors, and the back of the seats which are black. But I worry the PS interior color might be too washed out and not provide enough contrast to the exterior. It's all subjective.

My last M3 e46 was Silver gray with black interior with alum trim which I liked. I definitely go back and forth. Black is more classic so I assume I may end up choosing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

if bamboo and black are your only two choices, then go black. But there have been plenty of pictures posted of fox red on your exterior color choices, and they look great. you should really consider them, especially given how little fox red resembles the previous gen's red interior.

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
//m3purist
Rep

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I knew that I came to the right place!! Right now, I am leaning towards either red or black. If I had to place my order today, I would choose SG and black. It's classy and it's completely different from what I have now. My only reservation is that I feel like I may tire of it because it is so simple. I've lived with red for so long, and I just love the contrast that it has. I also get lots of compliments on it. However, choosing red again...I don't know. I plan on keeping this one a lot longer than my last one (I've had it for a little over 2 years) and 7+ years (my old car and the new one) with a red interior seems daunting!! Thanks and keep the thoughts rolling in. It does help!!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
//m3purist
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
if bamboo and black are your only two choices, then go black. But there have been plenty of pictures posted of fox red on your exterior color choices, and they look great. you should really consider them, especially given how little fox red resembles the previous gen's red interior.

- esquire
I have seen pictures on the internet, and I do like it but pics can be deceiving. However, that's a very relevant point and something I will have to consider. Right now, I am glad that I still have time to make a decision. Although Greg at Global Imports keeps e-mailing me and telling my order is secure. Does he know that all he does is make me impatient!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #12
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by //m3purist View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Easy choice for me. If Space Grey go with black interior; if Sparkling Graphite go with Palladium. Both combos will look great.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 12:14 AM   #13
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Fox Red reminds me of my current Cinnamon leather, which *still* gets me compliments, even at the dealer. My dealer, of course, only knows that black and silver exist both inside and out.

Those pics in the pic forum of space grey with fox red interior are teh sex....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 05:27 AM   #14
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

How do all you people put up with black interiors? That's just way too dark and conservative for my liking.
      08-31-2007, 06:33 AM   #15
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

IMO

The only interiors I would consider on S. Grey or S. Graphite would be fox red or black. My top choice right now for my own car, should I move forward, is S. Grey/Fox Red.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

IMO the silver (light grey) leather option in the M5 looks stunning with the contrasting panels in the doors and seats with black carpet and seatbacks. I think the M3's interior with P.S., NON-extended leather will look as good so that's what I'm going with! Grey interior will be fine with a grey exterior if you're worried about resale or appeal. I see it all the time on 5 series cars and even on E46 M3's....
Appreciate 0