BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

03-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
R8T3D_M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Listing for a good buddy of mine!

I am selling my 2009 e92 m3. Currently, it has 70,xxx miles on it and has never seen snow or salt. The car has never been smoked in, tracked, in an accident, or damaged.

VIN: WBSWD93519P361938

The key characteristics of the vehicle are: Melbourne red on black leather, carbon fiber roof, 6 speed manual and no navigation (idrive). Pretty much a stripper model.

Mods/ Maintenance:

This vehicle used to have an ESS 625 Kit on it for the last 5000 miles. 800 of which it was on a Custom E85 Tune. (supercharger since removed)

Currently, the car has a custom color apex arc 8 set on it paired with 5/12mm spacers and swift lowering springs all around. It has lux angel eyes and a few carbon fiber pieces on it (front lip, trunk spoiler and diffuser).

Over the past 18 months of ownership I have taken care of the following maintenance -

Valve cover gasket & spark plug hoses
Spark plugs
Oil/ filter changes every 4-5k miles (10w-60)
Oem rotors and pads all around
Brake fluid flush
Coolant flush
Replaced battery
Paint correction
Alignment all around
New air filter
Refinished and straightened all 4 wheels
Front bumper resprayed and shaved reflectors. This was due to a large amount of rock chips
Michelin PS4's front / Toyo r888r rear

As far as preventative maintenance, I was told rod bearings were done by the previous owner but have no way to prove this. Throttle actuators are not done either. I have considered these preventative items not being taken care of in the sale price.

Only thing the car needs is to address one slightly curbed wheel and take care of an edc light (code is regarding the valve on one of the edc shocks).

The car was taken care of locally by Performance Eurowerks or myself if it needed an oil change/ new air filter.

Asking: $28,250 OBO
Jason- 773-971-9232

Attached Images

2008 E90 M3 6MT Jerez Black AA Stg 2 Lvl 3 SC - SOLD

Last edited by R8T3D_M; 03-19-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
Upgrade+129.50
      03-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

That first roller shot is great. Nice spec. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
geeitup
Rep
Drives: E90

It'd be worth your time to investigate the rod bearing replacement with the previous owner. Unsure why the choice of R compound rears.
Nice color combo. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
Evil_M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeitup View Post
It'd be worth your time to investigate the rod bearing replacement with the previous owner. Unsure why the choice of R compound rears.
Nice color combo. GLWS
Dealers do not disclose the info of the previous owner, it wasn't a possibility unless I physically pull them out to do them. R Compound tires were needed since the car made double stock horsepower at one point.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #5
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_M View Post
Dealers do not disclose the info of the previous owner, it wasn't a possibility unless I physically pull them out to do them. R Compound tires were needed since the car made double stock horsepower at one point.
To some people, I personally don't care, the fact the car was boosted at one point it sounds like and may not have had RB's previously done might be worth disclosing...

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep

I have no dog in this fight but this is an open forum so I'll chime in -

I think it's imperative that if the seller knows this car was supercharged at some point that they disclose that. Boosting a car puts a whole other world of strain on an engine if not cared for properly compared to a car that's been stock it's whole life.

This should be disclosed right up front - especially on a niche forum for enthusiast drivers. Add to that that the seller can't confirm if RBs were ever dealt with or not in relation to supercharging definitely will give buyers a cause for pause.

I've certainly walked away from vehicles in the past if even the slightest bit of doubt crosses my mind.
Appreciate 1
bake602.50
      03-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #7
Evil_M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Quote:
To some people, I personally don't care, the fact the car was boosted at one point it sounds like and may not have had RB's previously done might be worth disclosing...
Thank you for the advice. Just to let you know, it has been disclosed to every single person who has contacted me about the car. It was not purposely omitted from the post I just didn't think it mattered.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #8
Evil_M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post

I think it's imperative that if the seller knows this car was supercharged at some point that they disclose that. Boosting a car puts a whole other world of strain on an engine if not cared for properly compared to a car that's been stock it's whole life.

This should be disclosed right up front - especially on a niche forum for enthusiast drivers. Add to that that the seller can't confirm if RBs were ever dealt with or not in relation to supercharging definitely will give buyers a cause for pause.

I've certainly walked away from vehicles in the past if even the slightest bit of doubt crosses my mind.
No fight here. I mentioned in another comment that I do disclose this information to everyone who contacts me. In case anyone on the post sees this, I will put it out there that it was supercharged for 5000 miles. 800 of which the car was on a custom setup and running e85.
Appreciate 1
SoCalRPM887.00
      03-17-2020, 07:56 PM   #9
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post

No fight here. I mentioned in another comment that I do disclose this information to everyone who contacts me. In case anyone on the post sees this, I will put it out there that it was supercharged for 5000 miles. 800 of which the car was on a custom setup and running e85.
Indeed - no fighting - we're both just adding to a community forum full of knowledge!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #10
R8T3D_M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Post updated to alleviate any concern or confusion. The vehicle used to be boosted (no longer is) I personally own a boosted E90 with 164k miles on the stock engine 50k of which I have made 500+whp and daily driven and as long as it was maintained properly which I can vouch this one has there is no worry about buying a previously boosted vehicle.
2008 E90 M3 6MT Jerez Black AA Stg 2 Lvl 3 SC - SOLD
Appreciate 1
Kelse921133.50
      05-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #11
Evil_M
Private First Class
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 07:29 PM   #12
R8T3D_M