BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

Today, 07:44 AM   #1
armyflyguy77
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92

Warning 034 motorsports suspension arms

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
FYSA- I needed to replace my M3 lower control arms a few months ago. All the vendors were out of stock of TRW brand at the time. They only had 034 motorsports control arm sets. No reviews on any of them. I know.....034 has a horrible reputation from the motor mount fiasco. But I needed these components and thought perhaps it was just a failure to take in to account the engine heat that led to all the failures. I also read that they had a good reputation in the VW/Audi community, so I thought the motor mounts cod just have been a bad entry product in to the BMW world.
Fast forward to now 3-4 months of having the front control arms on. I've developed a wobble in both feont wheels. Inspected and found that both control rod inner spherical bearings have significant play.
Completely unacceptable on a part this new.
Unfortunately I also bought them from ECS. Trying to get a refund is going to be like pulling teeth because replacement arms are out of the question from this brand.
I decided to be the guinea pig and it ended up not being in my favor.
Just wanted to give everyone a warning.
Appreciate 3