BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-22-2024, 08:51 AM   #1
uk215m3
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e92 M3

Fuel Pressure. Not sensor.

Dear all. Recently had the fuel pressure code normally related to the sensor, 27CE, was odd as changed it last year for the new BMW version. I changed it anyway and bought a new one. Same issue.

However on closer inspection it seems to be doing its job perfectly. The issue is fuel pressure is going to high.

I.e. it's reading max pressure of 7 bar, and does so almost exactly 1:30s after start.
I already swapped in known good EKP and made no difference.

I'll include the trace and also INPA page.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Before I stump up for new fuel/ transfer pumps.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

the pump in tank is variable between 3-6bar, the sensor under the hood reports data to the dme which sends it to the ekp to control the pump. if the can line is broken the pump will run at full speed, does the car have any bus related faults? also have you flashed the dme? what was the car doing before this happened? I would look at the ekp, there is functionality in ista to test the fuel system.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 05:27 AM   #3
uk215m3
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e92 M3

Zero other faults or codes.
Not flashed.

As I mentioned already tried a known good EKP and same issue.

When car starts, pressure is around 6 bar, then bleeds down to 3.6 bar for 1.5 minutes then shoots up to 7 bar, just before the start/ warm up procedure ends.

Nothing apart from some service work, plenum came off about a dozen times chasing an air leak on one of the boots is all.

Sensor Wiring checked as good.

I'm leaning towards the pump, as in the screen shot from INPA you can see on top right it's not reading in the correct zone for fuel flow (230L/hr) my reasoning is due to not enough flow the DME/EKP is requesting a higher pressure to compensate.

Only thing I haven't checked for is a damaged fuel line, maybe something got damaged when on the lift
Appreciate 0