06-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #1265
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedalFaster View Post

This year I'm running 285 Bridgestones front / 265 Yokohamas rear. I was expecting the car to potentially be super loose, so the push was a big surprise.
What didn't you like about them?
I’m not surprised you got push from that setup. I thought about it, but didn’t think it was worth testing. 285 Stone is more front grip compared to the 265 Yoko rear I would think. So agree it should have worked in theory, but Stones have the softer sidewall and would expect mount a hair wider and pinched up front if you’re on FS wheels. I would guess pushy turns/sweepers and loose corner exits which is probably what you feel in terms of looseness. Too much front grip. I think the transitions on the shorter tire were less crisp too. The 275/35 vs 285/30 Bridgestone are nearly an inch different height.
I would personally try a rear spacer to help out the front.
———
In regards to Goodyear’s, just very inconsistent with grip. Car was pushy AND loose. Very difficult to transition and slalom when on Stones the car was precise. KJ seemed happy with his on his M3 though. And the BS M2’s that run them speak highly of them as well. I think the difference may be in construction of tire in the bigger 300+ sizes that are on the Vette.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads

Last edited by Kelse92; 06-28-2020 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0