07-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #57
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questofthetune View Post
Well considering I wasn’t old enough to vote when the mid west and appalachians started going under, there wasn’t much i could care or do about it. Now that I can and have a voice politically as evreyone does from the age of 18 and onward, yes I care.

Is there something wrong with seeing an issue you didn’t know in depth, researching it, and beginning to be concerned when you learn more about it?
Why is that wrong?
It's not wrong, and kudos for caring. My point is that the degradation of the manufacturing class in the US has been going on for decades, not just now and Sparanburg is not the first example. If anything, the current Administration realizes that there is a social impact and a national security concern to losing the economic manufacturing base. Political opponents have just made the current EPA Administrator leave office, where he was making great progress on reversing ages of regulation that depresses economic and job growth. The last thing those political opponents care about is the manufacturing class and they haven't for decades (all the while collecting Union dues...). It's a very deep, long and complex subject to get familiar with.

The last Administration was of the opinion that "those jobs are gone and never coming back." However there is a more important reason to believe otherwise, which is a show of actual Leadership.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2