View Single Post
      12-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Thanks for all the replies

1) to those of you who think i have no right or shouldnt expect the dealer to do anything: I understand partially, but you need context. I had no idea that the brake warranty was 1 yr, but regardless, the car has been to porsche 3 times since we bought it for recalls. It is lady driven by and quite frankly she doesnt know the name of the car model half the time, so expecting her to notice her brakes rusting on her own is fairly far fetched. It makes absolutely no sense that brakes with 20k of very light driving and never sitting for more than a few days could need to be replaced after a year, let alone rust. That is my bone of contention. Everybody at work can vouch and witness to seeing the car everyday for the past year. The fact that this came out 2 weeks out of warranty leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, perhaps we should have been more vigilant earlier, but I guess we did not expect that . It is fine if something goes after warranty is up and it is from wear and tear, but brakes dont rust in 2 weeks.

2) thanks for the help Rolf - yes, I am in MTL. It has been to the dealer a few times, they told us about it about 3 weeks back when we sent the car in for winter tires and defective seat heaters....2 weeks out of brake warranty

3) we are filing the porsche headquarter report

4) regarding the gt3; I dunno, i thought that was a fairly immature card to play with the guy, but i dont think i have much choice but to remind him, and quite frankly, id buy it from the other dealer now if at all.

Last edited by niqui; 12-07-2011 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0