View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #47
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pk Mods View Post
iv actually never considered the Z4 M, i just took a look at it now and it looks pretty strange to me, no offense AT ALL to anyone who has the car! Also, would u recommend a 2009-2011 370z NISMO over a E46 M3 w/ competition package? (SMG though, not manual)
Personally I love the Z4M, but 1) it's looks aren't for everyone and 2) from what I've heard they can be a little hard to live with as a daily driver.

I'd avoid the 370Z personally. My friend had a 350Z and it wasn't a very good car. It had engine issues and on top of that the build quality (especially the interior) didn't hold a candle to a BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pk Mods View Post
Wow i forgot about the 335i/ix completely, you've just opened up a whole nother option for me. Is an 07/08 335i/ix "better" than a E46 06 M3? (performance wise)
Performance can mean a lot of different things. In a straight line a 335i (especially lightly modified) will beat an E46 M3. But the M3 has a tighter suspension, a limited slip differential, and is designed for the track much more so than the 335i.

I currently own an 2005 E46 M3 ZCP and before that I had a 2009 135i (same engine as the 335i) and my opinion between those two is that the M3 is much more rewarding to drive. The engine in the M3 is special, the suspension is very well sorted, the steering is awesome. The 135i was great for it's low end torque, but otherwise it was just a generally nice car. M cars are unique a pleasure to own and drive.

That's just my two cents, but if it were me I'd either get the E46 M3 or wait until an E9x comes into your price range. Well that or take the cash and finance a little bit to get the car you really want, but that's a personal choice about financing vs not.
Appreciate 0