United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
James T. Kirk,

James you should keep it in the family I did pass my now almost 25 year old 535is on to my daughter I just restored the car for the second time for her she still loves the car since it has so many good memories.

However, only you can decide as (you well know) if she is ready to drive your M3 and if your decision is yes you will have nothing to worry about. Girls are far more responsible and I think they know the limits.

PS. The part about the 15 year old ... well hope his parents know what they are doing. When I was 15 I had to ask permission to use my fathers bicycle ... then those were much different times.

Edit .... Looking back in time now ... I have to add one point and that is ... I always worried about the other kids her friends etc. Still then only the father can decide what to do for he knows his child (by then a teenager). It has been now some 15 years since I gave my daughter my 535is and apart from bumping the front spoiler several times all has been well. So I guess in my case I was lucky since the 535is was just one step below the M5 at the time.
Rolf,

An e28 535is is no e92 M3. 0-60 mph is about 7.5 secs in 535. C'mon, that's minivan territory. Not really even comparable to an e90 328.

Even an e28 M5 is in the 6's 0-60.

And no, I'm not planning on letting my son or daughter roll in an M anything. That's just a scary thought when I think of all the stuff I did in an 1990 Acura integra at 16.