View Single Post
      03-01-2022, 11:24 AM   #12
virtual_law
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i auto stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Update, SZL still not throwing codes on my car.
Can I just say posts like these are a breath of fresh air.

So my journey involved having the DME changed recently and suspension replaced.

The car returned with the trifecta of lights, DSC, DBC, ABS, etc. I dove into the steering with mega-hopes. Cleaned the angle sensor disc and lens, but the problem remained.

Then I tried coding to see perhaps the workshop that did the DME change messed something up maybe.

I first "default-coded" DSC using NCS expert (as described by sd********* here https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...3#post28640453).

Then I went into Tools32 to reinitialize Steering Angle Sensor. There's a "ding" when you execute this. Momentarily, the warning lights disappeared, but as soon as I touched the steering wheel slightly, they reappeared.

Codes I'm getting are as follows:
5E43 Lenkwinkelsensor intern. (aka Steering Angle Sensor Internal)
5E44 Lenkwinkelsensor hat die Initialisierung verloren (aka Steering Angle Sensor Lost Initialization)
D373 F-CAN SWA-Top-Sensor Botschaft 200 oder 201 fehlt (aka top sensor msg 200 or 201 missing)
94BE - F-CAN SZL Lenkwinkelsensor : Sensorfehler - LWS_Winkelpraediktion Codescheibe defekt. (aka Steering Angle Sensor Sensor error: LWS_angle prediction code disk defective)
94B6 - F-CAN SZL Lenkwinkelsensor : Sensorfehler - Winkelsprung zu gross. (steering angle sensor sensor error, angle jump too large)

Given how specific these codes are, I'm inclined to change the disc with the recommended part numbers: 83192179894

Or is there some other DIY I can try? Have to admit, really enjoying playing with this thing. The car is a 2007 e93 335i RHD.
Appreciate 0