Garage List
1996 318ti  [0.00]
OEM iPod Kit removal for mObridge-iPod intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
There is:

mObridge - iPod integration kit for e90/91/92/93 3-series
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1651

The mObridge kit is light years faster than the BMW kit, USB compliant to support charging of current model iPods/3G iPhone and firmware updateable.

If anyone has used the OTC BMW iPod kit, you'll immediately know what I mean. As far as the Gateway goes - it's beyond buggy in the BMW platforms.
I had the OEM Retrofit put in last week...it is very annoying as it takes over a minute to load my iPod (3rd Generation) with about 4K songs. The user guides states that if the iPod is playing and one turns the car off; it would resume from the last song...not the case. So, I will visit the dealer to address this issue; possibly remove the kit altogether.
The slow response may be due to the old iPod, I just don't know. I tried a nano that responded quicker, but it also had considerably less content.

FYI:
The iPod kit is listed at $319.95 (I got a 10% discount) and the labor was $152/hour for 3.0 hours. I ended paying about $750.00...$1,200.00 is too expensive.

tom:
Since my e92 was reprogrammed after the OEM iPod kit was installed, would I need to install a CD changer and have the car reprogrammed prior to installing the mObridge kit?
I think you already know that, to use the OEM iPod kit, the CD Changer may no longer be available as the kit takes over.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

335i-e92 |TiAg |ZSP |ZPP |NAV |CA |PDC
Gray Pop.Wood |HD Radio |Rear Shade |Cold Weather
Appreciate 0