View Single Post
      11-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #158
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
You have the best wear #s of any analysis sofar for a car using TWS. Zero lead and 1-2ppm of copper is excellent!

The only person with more miles and 0 lead is using Redline oil.

Have you always used TWS? What part of the country do you live in? What warmup procedure do you use? Ever tracked your car? How often does your car see redline?
Thanks. I am in the bay area on west coast. Always TWS on 91 octane but will switch to M1 0-40 on the next change. The MOLYBDENUM and Titanium went up after Castrol switched to the EDGE version. Car is 95%+ freeway driven, daily driver. Always tried to stay below 3k rpm (never exceeded 3.5k) before oil reaches around 210, not based on the moving redline. Never tracked, redlined here and there. Oil change at 7500 miles interval as shown from the oil analysis.

A side thing that I have noticed during oil change. Not sure if it's relevant or maybe everyone know this already. On the first 2 oil changes, I fill up all 9L of oil in the engine while leaving the oil filter canister dry. The first start after that the car is very rough for a good 5-10 seconds. On later oil change, I put the oil filter element in and fill that canister (slowly) with about 2 liters of oil first so the filter element is soaked and there is oil in there. No more rough starts and rattling sound if I do it this way.

Last edited by e92zero; 11-15-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 0