BRDHNTR
Ground Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 BMW M3

Garage List
2002 M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
I have 4 days of track experience, so I wouldn't think to run DSC off at this point. I drove Summit Point for the first time a couple weeks ago with MDM and I have to say it save my car. On the last session of the last day, I was working the car as hard as I could. I kept late apexing turn 3 because I would start braking where the classroom instructor told me he started to brake (he has a lightweight e30 M3) and therefore didn't scrub enough speed. This time I braked late, but turned in where I needed to but with too much speed. I hit the apex, but the compression popped the car up enough that when I landed, I started to rotate counterclockwise. I felt MDM grab my front right brake then my left rear brake (to keep from spinning clockwise) then my right rear brake and I think left front brake. There is no way that I could have saved that car from a spin without traction control, and to be honest, I don't think a professional driver could have either (I understand he probably wouldn't have done what I did to get in that mess in the first place).

I have a lot to learn before running DSC off, and my only suggestion is that you run MDM until you know that it is holding you back.

In short: If you have to ask others if you should run DSC off, then you probably shouldn't.

Appreciate 1