View Single Post
      10-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #23
jaeS4
Private
Rep
Drives: s4

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
OK, let me answer that debate quite easily. Which car would you expect a Porsche chassis engineer/tester to be quickest in?

The person knows the capabilities of the Porsche car inside out, were as the Nissan is an unknown quantity so to speak. I bet if he/she was at the development stage of the GTR and seen it through to production the likelihood would be that this person would be quicker in the GTR instead of the Porsche.

As for their time of 7:54, well that is absurd, the sheer mathematics of this would have the GTR quicker when it's trick awd system is taken into account. Every other roadtest which has compared all of these cars has shown the Nissan to be quicker, maybe only slightly so with the GT2 but with the Turbo the gap is enough to place it into a league above.

This one is for swamp,

I was down at the local Nissan dealer talking about the availability of the GTR and generally showing a bit of interest to see what I could learn. I asked the question about output and how it seem to be defying the laws of physics with it's incredible acceleration compared to other cars like the 997 Turbo (which they all use as a reference) and his reply was that the figures were indeed above the 500hp mark. The reason given was to make sure that regardless of the temperature and altitude the car would always guarantee it's quoted figure.

This sounds very reasonable to me as an explanation and with what I know of turbo engines and how temperature and air density affect their performance I am in agreement with this.
This is what bothers me a little bit about this, the fact that the test came from a competitor and making direct accusations without any vital proof, at least not yet. The test or proof should come from an independent non-bias party, and test both cars in The Ring and setttle this once and for all. I think we can all agree that the GTR is under-rated, so let's just see how much quicker it really is compare to the 997TT in The Ring. We have seen in several comparison test between the GTR and 997TT from several magazine that the GTR is quicker in acceleration, so i think it's safe to say that the GTR is better on those aspect.
Appreciate 0