View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #32
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal!

This update takes place in March 2019.

I have some really EXCITING news to share with you all. As you all may have seen in my last update, I hinted at the Volk TE37 OGs in Mag Blue. These are by far my favourite rims of all time.

I love the 18x10+25 square setup and later found that it is a unique setup for M3s. In addition, a handful of people have this exact setup due to a group-buy a few years ago.

Well to begin, I saw Johnny (M3Post Member: “Johnny250”) post a brand new set of these wheels on the forums. These were from his personal collection, and he only wanted to sell them locally in California; so unfortunately I wasn’t going to be the lucky owner of these rims.

As sad as I was, I had the feeling of “money burning a hole in my pocket,” so I had to find something else to spend my money on.
I ended up finding a Varis Diffuser for sale from Sam (M3Post Member: “Semp”) in practically brand new condition. I decided to purchase it and quickly noticed that Sam was also living in California. (MY MIND STARTED TO WORK).

My mom always taught me, “You don’t ask, you don’t get.” With anything in life, that statement can apply. So I thought to myself, what if I ask Sam for some help in obtaining my dream wheels.
So I did just that, I asked Sam how far away Johnny lives from him, and it ended up only being 15 minutes away!!
After a nice FaceTime conversation with Sam, he agreed to help me obtain the TE37s.

Gameplan:
  1. Sam goes to pick up the wheels from Johnny.
  2. I purchase both the Varis Diffuser AND the Volk TE37 OGs from Sam.

Well look what showed up!!!

I want to give a very special shoutout to both Johnny and Sam. Thank-you both for all of the support in making this sale happen.

I then felt it was about time to address the Rod Bearings on the M3, as the car has 120,000kms/75,000 miles on it. In addition to the Rod Bearings being replaced, I also had my Ceramic Coated Challenge Race X-Pipe installed to open up the power and sound on the car.

I took Sky to see Rocco@RMP Motors in Toronto to tackle this job. It also gave me an opportunity to assess how the car looks underneath, seeing as the car was driven in the salty Canadian winters for over 10 years.

Please enjoy the pictures.

Thank-you all for stopping by for this update; next we will be focusing on replacing the entire suspension and subframe components as the rust is attacking the car. Stay tuned for that!
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 1