06-27-2022, 06:59 PM   #3
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevo_07 View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to post a question because I've been experiencing this interesting anomaly. I'll get in my car, try to start it and sometimes it chooses not to start until after 3-4 tries. The car is on 91 octane, so it's not an E85 problem. Starter is cranking like normal, everything seems fine. No error messages; just doesn't start the first time sometimes.

This issue has been happening for about 4 months, no notable changes done to the car in the period of time of which this has been occurring, and I thought it was an alternator going bad until I saw that it was drawing 14V; spark plugs have yet to be changed, but I am not misfiring or noticing a loss of power. I changed the battery early last week and this didn't solve my problem either. Not sure exactly what's happening but once the car actually decides to start, it's as though the issue never happened and it cranks/starts like normal...

Someone help lol
When you say the "car chooses not to start", do you mean the starter isn't crankking the engine or do you mean that the engine cranks but doesn't start running.
Appreciate 0