View Single Post
      06-18-2022, 10:59 PM   #1
gevo_07
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 Comp. + E10 2002

E92 M3 Cranks over but doesn't start until after 3 tries

Hey guys, I wanted to post a question because I've been experiencing this interesting anomaly. I'll get in my car, try to start it and sometimes it chooses not to start until after 3-4 tries. The car is on 91 octane, so it's not an E85 problem. Starter is cranking like normal, everything seems fine. No error messages; just doesn't start the first time sometimes.

This issue has been happening for about 4 months, no notable changes done to the car in the period of time of which this has been occurring, and I thought it was an alternator going bad until I saw that it was drawing 14V; spark plugs have yet to be changed, but I am not misfiring or noticing a loss of power. I changed the battery early last week and this didn't solve my problem either. Not sure exactly what's happening but once the car actually decides to start, it's as though the issue never happened and it cranks/starts like normal...

Someone help lol

Update: Just did my plugs / battery controller as well and no change. However, when I just turn ignition on and let it prime, the car starts right up after waiting on ignition for about 5 seconds. Could be fuel-delivery related

Last edited by gevo_07; 07-30-2022 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0