View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderman23 View Post
I have a 2011 e93 and unfortunately I warped my rotors at the last track day (only my second track day with this car and I wasn't even pushing the car limits). I really didn't think that would happen, but guess I was wrong...

Anyways, I'm going to try to get them covered as this just shouldn't happen with an M3 (IMO - which doesn't matter). When I search the forums I saw some others have have had a similar issue and seems like it depends on the dealer on whether it's covered or not.

I have an appointment thursday...any suggestions or just gotta hope for the best?
At a guess, new rotors (or repaired rotors) will be covered under warranty.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this string is that when you pull in with hot brakes and just park it, it's possible to "heat treat' the rotors at a spot just under the hot calipers/pads. Once this happens, the coefficient of friction at that spot will be different than the rest of the rotor, and you'll get some pulsing. Once this happened to me on my '95 (rotors replaced under warranty), I always pushed the car for a foot after a minute or two, then repeated twice more. All done in five minutes, and no more problems.

Bruce
Appreciate 0